VIBES IRL Sub-DAO
Authors: @kempsterrrr @camiinthisthang @Bobbay @dabit3
Supporting @stewards -
This proposal asks Members to grant Cami, Bobbay, Nader and kempsterrrr, permission to take ownership of the DAOs VIBES IRL events brand in 2023.
In 2022, VIBES IRL was started by Cami and saw great success as an opportunity for Members to meet each other, engage with the broader ecosystem and improve the DAOs brand worldwide.
The most successful event alongside DevCon in Amsterdam was widely regarded as the best party of the conference and got devs dancing .
In 2023, we want to reinvigorate the VIBES IRL brand and request the DAOs permission to take ownership of the events program for the year with the following aims:
- Strengthen and build on DAO brand/awareness
- Increase the size of the DAOs community on Twitter and Lu.ma
- Generate funds to grow the treasury and reinvest back into other Member initiatives
- Provide good VIBES (See example)
Scope of Work
Domain of Operations & Team
Upon passing this proposal, we’ll assume responsibility for the DAO’s primary IRL events and the associated brand - VIBES IRL - for the remainder of 2023. Finance and Operational associated with the event will run through a UK LTD company @kempsterrrr owns to ensure we can receive and make fiat payments.
We will organise at least three events in 2023 alongside major conferences starting with ETH CC in Paris this summer.
Specifically, the work will include:
- Definition of sponsorship packages for VIBES IRL events
- Securing Partners for each event.
- Organise and deliver all operations related to the events
- Liaising with other Sub-DAOs to ensure maximum impact from events for all Contributors and Members
- Organising free merch at events
- Providing retrospectives/reports back to the DAO
Some rules we commit to following for all VIBES IRL Events:
- Attendance will be free for all.
- POAPs will be issued for everyone who attends events.
- The Devs will dance
- The VIBES will be good.
|Cami||NFT & CODE Holders||VIBES IRL Founder, Lead DevRel @ Fuel Labs|
|Kemp||NFT & CODE Holder||D_D Ops Lead, P3RKS Founder|
|Bobbay||NFT & CODE Holder||D_D Partner Lead, Governance Lead @ Stablenode|
|Nader||NFT & CODE Holder||D_D Founder, Director or DevRel @ Aave & lens|
|O1||Foster a fun and safe Member experience||Owner|
|KR||Curate and deliver >= 3 VIBES IRL Events in 2023|
|KR||Ensure a review rating of >= 4 for all events on Lu.ma|
|KR||Issue POAPS for attendees of every event|
|O4||Position the DAO structurally and financially for long-term success||Owner|
|KR||Grow DAO lu.ma subscriber list by >= 500|
|KR||Grow DAO Membership by >= 150|
Budget Request (Including value returned to the DAO)
We are not requesting any USD funds from the Treasury. VIBES IRL will be self-sustaining and return 50% of profits from each event to the Treasury. A post-event report shared on the forum will determine profits and be deposited into the Treasury in USDC.
If there is a loss on the event, there will be no cost to the DAO. To reward the Contributors in elevated Governance rights for the value they’re creating, we request the following:
- 40 hours X 15 CODE = 600 $CODE
That will mean 4 X 600 = 2,400 CODE per event for the core team.
With three events targeted, that’s 7,200 $CODE in total. We may request further funds via the Stewards if the team grows.
- Restricts organising VIBES IRL Events to these Contributors.