Authors: @jazza.eth @pbillingsby.eth @Martin @kempsterrrr @Colin4ward
Supporting Budget Steward(s): @Erik_Knobl @Narb
Links to previous discussion on this topic - [DRAFT 1] - B3NZ Season 1 Budget Application
This is the P3RKS Project budget application for Season 1. It outlines the high-level goal of the project, how we plan to get there, the team working to make this happen and the proposed budget we’re applying for.
Traditional organisations typically provide some kind of benefit to their “employees”. This does not exist for DAO contributors as they are not “employees”, B3NZ seeks to address this by providing benefits to contributors based on the DAO tokens they hold.
Mission, values and goals alignment
The benefits of the P3RKS platform will support DAO contributors across web3 to get discounted access to tooling and services that will help them contribute to the ecosystem. Benefits will likely include discounted Education, Developer/Design tooling and Finance/Tax tooling, plus anything else we can dream up that will benefit DAO Contributors.
Supporting DAO Contributors to learn about and contribute to the web3 ecosystem is well in line with the DAOs stated goals:
- Onboard, Educate, & Support Web3 Developers
- Foster & Build Web3 Tools & Public Goods
P3RKS operates under its own brand. However, it does plan to broadcast that it is a project created in Developer DAO and is using Developer DAO as its first test DAO partner. It is however not defining itself as the “Developer DAO X” and intends to become a sustainable project and stand on its own.
So whilst it is not directly operating under the Developer DAO brand it will take advantage of the DAO brand for initial testing, marketing and acquisition. We believe it’s important therefore we return value to the DAO for the platform it is providing.
Scope of work
The long-term goal is a platform DAO Contributors can log in, and authenticate with their Ethereum (and eventually more) wallets to see what DAOs they are part of and what benefits they are therefore entitled to.
The goal is to complete Phase 1 & Phase 2 in Season 1, work on these has started and is progressing nicely. The Stretch goal is progressing to Phase 3 in Season 1.
Phase 1 - Idea Validation (Complete)
- Engage with existing Developer DAO partners to find out if they are interested in offering benefits to Developer DAO members, what those benefits might be and how they could be delivered to members (kempsterrrr.eth + Colin4Ward)
- Figure out a low-code way to deliver these benefits to Developer DAO members and track the success with partners and members. Iterate and improve (everyone)
- Research and identify the best ongoing legal structure for the project and how this would work with regards to being a project built @ Developer DAO and then spun out if successful. (Jazza.eth)
- Secure grants to fund the initial team working on the project on top of $CODE allocation (Jazza.eth)
- Decide on architecture and technology stack for platform assuming the idea is successfully validated (MartinB, pbillingsby, Kempsterrrr)
Phase 2 - Build MVP for Developer DAO (if Phase 1 is successful) (Nearly done)
- Landing page for a project that: a) guides D_D members to a page to redeem benefits based on their holding of the genesis NFT, 2) Guides potential partners to a page where they can submit a form to show interest, 3) Guides DAO to a waitlist where they can submit interest in using the platform
- Rewards Page - a page that lists benefits available to D_D. Those benefits can only be consumed if they are authenticated with their wallet to prove ownership of the D_D token.
- Redeem page - unique provider page where contributors can redeem their reward.
- Create a legal entity with the project founding team.
Phase 3 - Refine and expand to other DAOs
- Expand the platform to accommodate other DAOs from a technical POV either as a multi-tenant application where DAOs can host their own version on their own subdomain OR continue with a centralised app they can have their own section.
- Migrate away from a no-code backend solution via Airtable (if this makes sense)
- Conduct User Research to figure out the best way to evolve the platform for other DAOs
- Approach and onboard other DAOs
- Kempsterrrr.eth - 10/h - Champion (Product vision/strategy, PartnershipsBD/Marketing and some dev)
- Jazza.eth - 10/h - Product Management / Design
- MartinB - 10/h - Full Stack Developer
- pbillingsby - 10/h - Full Stack Developer
- Colin4Ward - 2/h Partnerships/BD/Marketing (Advisor)
Total = 42/hours per week
Budget Calculation = 42 hours per week X 16 week Season X 15 $CODE/hr
Total Core Team requested Budget = $10,080
We’d like to add 50% to the requested budget to support bounties for welcoming new contributors as we move into Phase 3 of the project.
Bounty pool = $5,040
Total $CODE budget requested = $15,120
NB - The core team are funding all meat space expenses themselves i.e. company setup and any software licenses
Returning value to the DAO
The team is committed to returning value back to the DAO in the following ways:
- Significant discounts on products/services for members, giving them reduced-cost access and increasing the intrinsic value of membership in the DAO
- Allocating 7% of any future native token issuing or equity depending on how the project decides to approach this (plans here TBD)
- @jazza.eth is a core contributor to the design guild, code claim site and other Developer DAO projects.
- @MartinB is an early contributor to the DAO, very active in the Development and has contributed to several projects including….
- @pbillingsby is another early contributor to the DAO, very active in the Development Guild and has contributed to several projects including School of Code.
- @colind4Ward is a core contributor to the MBD Guild helping establish several partnerships and processes there, he will serve as an advisor to the project given his experience as a start-up CEO.
Success Metrics & KPIs
- Number of partners committed to working with us
- Number of partners with offers live on the platform
- Number of DAO Contributors who have used the platform
- Twitter Following Growth
- Number of DAOs signing up for our beta list
- Vote for proposal: Yes/No
- Launch P3RKS to D_D Community
- Yes, I support this budget application
- No, I do not support this budget application