This is the B3NZ Project budget application for Season 1. It outlines the high-level goal of the project, how we plan to get there, the team working to make this happen and the proposed budget we’re applying for.
Traditional organisations typically provide some kind of benefit to their “employees”. This does not exist for DAO contributors as they are not “employees”, B3NZ seeks to address this by providing benefits to contributors based on the DAO tokens they hold.
Benefits of the B3NZ platform will support DAO contributors across web3 to get discounted access to tooling and services that will help them contribute to the ecosystem. Benefits will likely include discounted Education, Developer/Design tooling and Finance/Tax tooling, plus anything else we can dream up that will benefit DAO Contributors.
Supporting DAO Contributors to learn about and contribute to the web3 ecosystem is well inline with the DAOs stated goals:
- Onboard, Educate, & Support Web3 Developers
- Foster & Build Web3 Tools & Public Goods
B3NZ operates under its own brand. However, it does plan to broadcast that it is a project created in Developer DAO and is using Developer DAO as its first test DAO partner. It is however not defining itself as the “Developer DAO X” and intends to become a sustainable project and stand on its own.
So whilst it is not directly operating under the Developer DAO brand it will take advantage of the DAO brand for initial testing, marketing and acquisition. We believe it’s important therefore we return value to the DAO for the platform it is providing.
Long-term goal is a platform DAO Contributors can login to, authenticate with their Ethereum (and eventually more) wallets to see what DAOs they are part of and what benefits they are therefore entitled to.
Goal is to complete Phase 1 & Phase 2 in Season 1, work on these has started and is progressing nicely. Stretch goal is progressing to Phase 3 in Season 1.
- Engage with existing Developer DAO partners to find out if they are interested in offering benefits to Developer DAO members, what those benefits might be and how they could be delivered to members (kempsterrrr.eth + Colin4Ward)
- Figure out a low-code way to deliver these benefits to Developer DAO members and track the success with partners and members. Iterate and improve (everyone)
- Research and identify the best on-going legal structure for the project and how this would work with regards to being a project built @ Developer DAO then spun out if successful. (Jazza.eth)
- Secure grants to fund initial team working on the project on top of $CODE allocation (Jazza.eth)
- Decide on architecture and technology stack for platform assuming idea is successfully validated (MartinB, pbillingsby, Kempsterrrr)
- Landing page for project that: a) guides D_D members to a page to redeem benefits based on their holding of the genesis NFT, 2) Guides potential partners to a page where they can submit a form to show interest, 3) Guides DAO to a waitlist where they can submit interest in using the platform
- Benefits Page - page that lists benefits available to D_D. Those benefits can only be consumed if they are authenticated with their wallet to prove ownership of the D_D token.
- Expand the platform to accommodate other DAOs from a technical POV either as a multi-tenant application where DAOs can host their own version on their own subdomain OR contine with a centralised app they can have their own section.
- Migrate away from no-code backend solution via airtable (if this makes sense)
- Conduct User Research to figure out best way to evolve platform for other DAOs
- Approach and onboard other DAOs
Given this project is in the discovery phase, breaking down specific contributions is challenging. For simplicity we’re asking for budget based on estimated time each team member can contribute each week:
- Kempsterrrr.eth - ??? - Champion (Product vision/strategy, PartnershipsBD/Marketing and some dev)
- Jazza.eth - ??? - Product Management / Design
- Colin4Ward - ??? Partnerships/BD/Marketing
- MartinB - ??? - Full Stack Developer
- pbillingsby - ??? - Full Stack Developer
Total = $$$ hours per week.
Budget Calculation = $$$ hours per week X 16 week Season X 15 $CODE/hr
Total requested Budget = $$$$ $CODE
The team is committed to returning value back to the DAO in the following ways:
- Significant discounts on products/services for members, giving them reduced cost access and increasing the intrinsic value of membership in the DAO
- Allocating ??% of any future native token issuing or equity depending on how the project decides to approach this (Token issue TBD)
- @kempsterrrr is the community guild lead, co-ops lead, full stack developer and a member of the “Founding Team.”
- @jazza.eth is a core contributor to the design guild, code claim site and xxxx
- @colind4Ward is a core contributor to the MBD Guild helping establish several partnerships and process there, as well as a core contributor in the writers guild and leads the newsletter team
- @MartinB is an early contributor to the DAO, very active in the Development and has contributed to several projects including….
- @pbillingsby is another early contributor to the DAO, very active in the Development Guild and has contributed to several projects including….
- Number of partners committed to working with us
- Number of partners with offers live on the platform
- Number of DAO Contributors who have redeem benefits on the platform
- % of redemptions who continue to use partners tools after discount/free trial
- Twitter Following
- Number of DAOs who are interested in working with us
- Confirm expected hourly contributions and calculate final budget ask
- Refine proposal based on feedback from the community
- Update proposal for voting
- Vote for proposal: Yes/No/Needs refinement
- Continue working on deliverables