The Developer_DAO Public Goods Guild will focus on working within the DAO and other DAOs to identify the most promising ways to support public goods to build a more decentralized and inclusive Web3.
With public goods being one of our key missions, it is about time that we have a guild that purely focuses on pushing the ecosystem forward. Not only does our own DAO have important initiatives, but many protocols out there require funding and support.
- Why we need a public goods guild
- Guild Objectives
- Next steps
Not only is it one of our key missions of the DAO, but it is something that we haven’t actively focused on as much. Looking at how the community perceives our missions and values for the next season, we should clarify what it means for the DAO to “work” on public goods along with some specific KPIs.
In the case of the guild, I believe it would be outlining what a public good means to us. Currently, we are in a good position to focus on this, as the community perception seems to be a greater focus on education for season 1 rather than public goods. This guild can work in the shadows building a foundation during season 1 to identify our aims and objectives.
- Define a public good in general
- Define a Dev_DAO public good
- Identify which public goods we prioritize (Technical or non-technical)
- Our Mission Statement for the Public Goods Guild
These are the initial objectives for the guild, and soon after, we can move on to some of the following objectives to build out the structure for the guild.
- Public Goods “Core team.”
- How much can we deploy? (i. What currency do we use? ii. How do we vote on what to fund? iii. Who votes?)
- How do we want to fund public goods? (Grants, bounties, or contracts)
- Set up a process for applications (Website, the application process, vetting process)
- How do we split our focus between internal and external projects?
Or maybe we even scrap these objectives and take a different route.
We will get a separate channel for this in the discord to discuss this initiative to see if it takes off. Initially, we can work on a document to focus on objectives 1-4.
Give me yo feedback.
It would be great to see how people would see a public guild working in the DAO and what objectives people think the guild should focus on.