[DRAFT] Membership Tiers

That is more reasonable. I think the distinction between memberships in subsections 2.1 and 2.2 will only serve to fragment the community. Either you are or are not a member.

If you don’t have access to the discord then you will not be able to get context to participate in a meaningful way in a vote. even with the conversations going on here, there is so much more in discord. why would we encourage uninformed voting?

I agree with most of these, but I think that having the ability to vote on snapshot and vote and participate in the forum without any access to the discord does not make much sense. On the other hand, I think keeping the 400 CODE for full discord access should be kept. Perhaps we allow access to the “open” channels in discord, and town halls to the JRs. Going forward all channels will require some sort of token amount.

As a side note i wonder how votes will work in the forum with such a low threshold and possible sybil attacks.

Please also consider that some Core Members may be intentionally resistant to including new contributors and their contributions. This is a culture killer. The DAO might want to have a standing mission statement where new contributors are welcomed and should be nurtured.

@john-mac.eth totally valid concerns. see that currently, not because folks don’t want to but because the resources are there for a lot of things OR processes are not in place. I believe this is at least partly down to the model we’ve (largely I helped too) design not really serving the members as well as it could.

Would love to get your thoughts on some ideas suggested in Can we build a better game? and how they might impact this concern good/bad