Temperature Check - DAO Mission and Values

Do we actually dare to say out loud where weā€™e coming from and where weā€™re at now in the present? A world thatā€™s extremely diverse and extremely non inclusive? Or do we cloak that in our messaging primarily in the second and fourth value, where diversity in the second has a more positive connotation, but in the fourth it could almost be construed as having a negative one? Or are these two meanings of ā€˜diverseā€™ supposed to be different from each other?

I think we have a great responsibility, since we are building the infrastructure of the future, and we owe it to ourselves to be mindful of our present. At least when we look back, we always have our message and the date of that message to refer and compare to.
The statement in its present form is timeless. So we canā€™t really look back and say ā€œyes, weā€™re doing well, can we improve on it , or we can do more and betterā€

Some might think adding a sharp message about the present state of the world is negative and doom-seeking, I disagree, I think itā€™s something to get out of bed for. A challenge, a measuring stick, a mission that because it started ā€˜somewhereā€™ in time, it gives a much more real sense of purpose and pride.

1 Like

this is really interesting. i donā€™t think we should remove public goods and building, but maybe we like Season 0 was focused on laying the Foundations, maybe Season 1 is focused on education :thinking: given it feels like the this is the biggest value add for our community atm.

cc @doswell.eth