Stewards election - S2

If the idea is to have the new guys shape the DAO, I would assume they can define the future role of Stewards.

2 Likes

I agree. Rather than just open a new vote now, I propose the following:

Tasks Desc Dates
Finalise Feedback request and post to forum for discussion Allows Stewards and Members to share their experiences, feedback and perspectives on the role to help inform how future Steward can best server the DAO January 19th, after Stewards call (for 5 days)
Open new round of elections New post to forum asking members to volunteer for elections to becomes Stewards for the DAO January 25th (for 5 days)
If required, elevate election to Snapsho We allow up to 10 Stewards. Last time we had under 10 stewards and skipped this stage. Propose it may be worth completing this stage anyway as a chance for members to signal support for nominees, including if someone receives not votes potentially disallowing them from the process January 30th (for 5 days

Please let me know your thoughts @stewards

Should we reduce the number of stewards?
Speaking from the past experience, not all stewards would have the same amount of engagement, and I think it’s safe to assume at least 3/10 would not be very active (I know the expectation is that they will be, but we have seen how it is in reality). The more stewards we have = bigger % of inactive stewards, IMO.

1 Like

Really good question - thoughts on shipping this and opening this broader conversation re feedback and adjustment for the role?

Ideally the current @stewards can be available this Friday and we can finalise this and kick of the conversation about steps for electing new stewards

Added this to the doc:

Feedback Request & Goals
As above, the objective here is to share any lessons learned by existing stewards to help new > >Stewards perform the role in the future, as well as gather perspective and feedback from Members on the role and how it might be updated and improved.

Intended outcomes:

• Understand the lesson from the serving stewards to support the next stewards
  • Understand the sentiment and feedback from the community on the stewards role
  • Highlight any adjustments to be made to the role before re-electing it

In favor. Let’s do it.

1 Like

Shipped this - [Feedback Request] Stewards Role

@stewards when you have some time please share your perspectives on this post, ty!