Small team to handle finding and maintaining relationships with companies offering apprentice and junior opportunities, or bounties targeted towards early career stage developers.
A small team to focus on seeking opportunities and building relationships with companies to be able to funnel developer jobs and bounties to our members.
Looking at the current state of web3 its quite discouraging, that without year/s of production experience, companies rarely consider hiring entry level developers. This makes the job search process extremely difficult.
A lot of eager learners, who are looking to grow the ecosystem, are losing energy, passion, creativity, and hope due to the stresses of trying to find their break into the industry that doesn’t seem to cater for the entry level/junior developer.
An internal team will be formed to handle all of:
- Finding, building and maintaining relationships with members and companies interested.
- Setting and enforcing expectations for all parties involved.
- Ensuring relationships are centered around transparency, fairness, and all involved parties expectations are met.
- Tracking progress of members progress in this initiative.
- Ensuring our members receive fair compensation for their work.
- Ensure our members are getting the mentorship needed.
% of these opportunities should go to the treasury.
Currently 2 suggestions have been made that would help this team a lot.
Seek bounties based on technical difficulty. (Easy, Intermediate, Hard etc) and pitch those bounties to members to be worked on either as team or individually.
Partner with the D_D/Pallet job board to offer discounts to companies who want to post apprentice/junior positions.
Accountability and positive results with these two approaches will allow us to continue to be presented with these opportunities for our members.