P-5: Governance Token Proposal

Thank you for putting this proposal together and spelling things out so clearly.

1 Like

I think this proposal is reasonable

1 Like

I agree with most of them. I think we should consider setting up a fund with money from donations.

Make a donation to a necessary or desirable project.

This will help any good Web3 developer join DeveloperDao without having to worry about money.

3 Likes

Some NFT bandits saw the number of mint increase and their script started to work, which caused my mint process to fail. But I bought one on Opensea right away, but after the snapshot time, this is a thing that makes me very damned.

1 Like

Great work! Thank you for putting this so much

1 Like

I agree with this view. I believe the delegation part could be detached from this proposal.

I’ve voted on all proposals so far and I’d like to retain my voting power and trust that my vote counts as much as any other, as it did so far.
If we start delegation right away, I’m afraid we’ll end up with a large number of users that’ll delegate somewhat randomly and that’ll centralize most of the voting power, which would render my non-delegated vote pretty much pointless.

With that said, I don’t oppose the ability to delegate if the majority believes it’s best but I think it shouldn’t be implemented straight away along with this proposal.
My proposal would be 1 $CODE = 1 vote for some time (maybe half a season like @PeterPan suggested) and see how that works out for everyone.

4 Likes

If you are able, can you submit a pull request to the snapshot github repo? If you voted in either of the snapshots or collected any of the meeting poaps, submit a second pull request in the appropriate file.
Look up your compromised address, replace it with your new secured public address, and then submit the pull request. In your commit message, just briefly describe why you are submitting this.

If you need help, you can PM me or ask in the discord, I’m sure someone can help you.

Once your pull request is accepted then feel free to move your NFT to your new secured address.

1 Like

In my opinion a steady inflation of tokens per year is necessary for a few reasons:

1. Allows the DAO to give scholarships to potential new members indefinitely

2. Actually allows members who join the future a reasonable prospect of “rising through the ranks” so to speak. This is important so that new members don’t feel forever trapped at the bottom of the totempole.

3. An inflationary token reduces the nominal value of previous tokens, which will will encourage continual DAO participation, as free-riders gradually lose voting power.

Therefore I believe the token should have a variable issuance which can be adjusted by DAO vote.

9 Likes

If you are up for a little legwork I have a solution for you.

Submit a pull request to the snapshot repo, adding your public address to the file. In your commit message, explain what you have said here, and include a link to etherscan for your Open Sea transaction for buying the NFT.

If you need help with the pull request you can DM me, or ask for help in the Discord. Cheers!

1 Like

good job!Looking forward to the delegation process

1 Like

Thank you @eddie…I have submitted a PR to the snapshot repo as directed. I did not participate in the qualifying snapshots.

1 Like

You can try to use flashbots to send a bundle transaction and try to claim the token

1 Like

The proposal is very well thought through.
LGTM! LFG :rocket:

1 Like

That’s an interesting idea. I am looking into Flashbots for educational purposes now since I was not aware of it. Thanks for the heads up @yaffa !
I submitted a PR to the Snapshot repo and hopefully once merged it will resolve the issue and I can also transfer my D4R NFT to the new address.

2 Likes

Thank you for your work

1 Like

Why are you recommending that people open pull requests? Have we discussed this somewhere?

Don’t mean this to say that that isn’t a possible solution, just that we should definitely discuss and agree on it before recommending it as the solution to others.

1 Like

Great work ! Thanks!

1 Like

There is not a hard cap at this point! I should have been more clear about that. Any additional issuance would require the governance process.

2 Likes

For clarity, it is not a hard cap. The token contract will allow additional issuance through the governance process. The wip contract does allow issuance to be disabled.

2 Likes

We are working on a potential solution for this, stay tuned!

3 Likes