P-38: Introducing the Developer DAO Bounty Board

Great initiative :slight_smile: The more ways we can bring opportunities to builders in the DAO and builders in the DAO to opportunities in the ecosystem the better. Also nice to see an external team that has a history with the team come back to contribute - props to @Kirsten and TalentLayer for that.

I would love to see an open community call to discuss this proposal if you’re up for that?

Some clarifications/questions/ideas all bundled into one (might be easier to answer on community call or another call!)

1. What’s the legal picture here? Where does liability lie (TalentLayer/Foundation) What, if any legal responsibility resides with the DAO (Foundation)?
  2. Who controls the parameters of the contracts? Could this be set-up in a way where the members are able to govern the % splits to the DAO/contributor etc. (maybe locking the agreed % for TalentLayer), giving the community more things to govern like this could be cool
  3. What chains is this deployed on? Wonder if there is a grant opportunity here with a specific L2 to bring our bounties/members to their ecosystem.
  4. I’d like to see CODE provided alongside each bounty or maybe as a pool distributed across all folks who redeem a bounty overtime so we’re getting Governance power into the hands of builders as well as cold hard $$$$
  5. Wasn’t clear if a % of each bounty was flowing back to the treasury not not. I think it should personally to help fund more opportunity in the DAO.
  6. Need to update this proposal to use the correct template :slight_smile:

Love this. I reached out to Joe mostly about general DD <> ARB alignment opportunities, rather than this initiative in particular. Maybe worth us all syncing and maybe all speaking with him?

2 Likes