The SubDao model is now a reality. The transition has been already done and with it plus the general decline in the market the community activity and surrounding model of Agency has been in decline. During Season 2 community maintenance was left aside via focusing efforts on the potential legal wrapper of Agency, admin team consolidation and full reorg as a SubDAO.
It is necessary to retake the community aspect in order to reactivate the resilient side of Agency which is based on people’s activity and willingness to develop high end and interesting ventures and services.
This proposal seeks to on one side continue works regarding making a reality the business model of Agency and making it work as it should be a capital independent organisation and on the other reactivate the cadence and community based side of Agency which requires constant push and leadership regarding project seeking and people direction and documentation.
In order to do so and by the brotherhood with D_D and the future value that will be returned into the DAO, keeping alignment with the specific Q3 D_D Labs Budget.
We seek to develop tight alignment within the Fellowship program and Ventures program, Venture building and High quality Service provider solutions Agency is targeting with. Dispelling and targeting our business model till making it work around those three areas.
Consolidation of Agency is a need, it requires constant leadership, maintainability & support in order to pursue its goals. A clear business model that generates the right economic and social incentives to participate into the Agency model within the D_D value umbrella.
Even though it’s a subDAO it always was intended to work hand by hand with the higher level D_D structure. Those bridges should be clarified, consolidated and worked out in order to secure the future of Agency as “the builder space” inside the DAO.
The goal of Agency is to ful-fill one of the main areas of the Mission of Developer DAO: To Foster and Build Web3 Tools and Public Goods. We intend to be the space where curated members of the DAO can join to build, in a professional first environment, and create business and ventures. To do so we need to start by providing an economic incentivised relationship group.
Stabilise works towards the consolidation of Agency business model sustainability in order to be able to hold new members and create incentive-based work inside the hood of Agency besides venture based projects.
Reduce management efforts to the minimum and most efficient possible in order to focus our time into building and providing real value.
Reactivation of a rich building/er environment by example. In order to activate an ecosystem like that it is important to focus sight on the incentives of the people which integrate the community.
Constant push venture projects towards an effective business model that drives value to Agency and D_D, even as open source projects their sustainability should be a requirement and working towards economic incentives for the ventures inside the hood should be an opt in.
Simplify the working model. If it is not being used, is out.
The model looks for sustainability through generating value by doing and automating management as much as possible.
Leadership > Building > Management
The engine of Agency is leadership on client relationships and venture projects, and the reliability of the contributors. We need to set up incentives for them in order to build up the action energy over the people who want to push its goal and get them rewarded accordingly.
Consolidate and reactivate works to continue model pursuing.
- Align with D_D Labs proposal and partnerships model in order to fund the transition. Promote and specifically reward leader to stabilise contact with the DAO and push the relationships and high-level internal ←→ external activities. @Gordo
- Work side by side with Partnerships and ventures to include them in the Agency business model.
- Polish, consolidate, and build the funnel for new members and actual members’ incentives.
- Work towards Agency business model sustainability.
- Drive returned value to D_D based on previously exposed relationship and tracking direct provided value from D_D
- Remove new discord, create more problems than solutions and segment the community. As simple as possible.
- Reactivate people’s conversations and interests all the way.
- Centralise activity on one discord and simplify the as much as possible the flow in every term.
- Focus on building, and automate the rest.
- Work side by side with the D_D builder community in order to create the paths, flows and incentives to be part of Agency (experts) as the builder’s goal.
Admins work to define the high-level direction and strategy of Agency and its medium-term roadmap. They are tasked with optimising the overall performance and managing the multisig. The current signers are @Gordo, @Erik, @luan
Admin leader, Gordo, will lead the relationship with D_D as the Sub-DAO Coordinator role and high level org direction and internal while maintaining the overall idea and trust on the organisation.
- Onboarding and curating members
- Setting the pace and overall direction of the business
- Weeklies and Open weeklies lead
- Lead partnership with D_D and comms with Ventures and Fellowship
Admin Business Developer manager, Manny.
- Co-define overall business direction and work for the sustainability of it.
- Establish partnerships & relationships with prospective clients.
- Team Leaders take responsibility for individual projects, and ensure the team delivers, overseeing internal organisation, rewards, and recruitment. They are tasked with managing the overall performance of the team and ask for and distribute assigned $CODE by the works performed.
- Contributors are Agency builders expected to deliver projects efficiently and coordinate and communicate with the team.
- Sales/BD, trusted external or internal profile delivering potential collaboration inside Agency, paid on success relationships.
To begin with, we’ll keep the team small so we can move quickly:
- Team Lead: Gordo
- Sales/BD: Mannyornothing
- Contributors: Picked by Gordo for the first project. If Contributors are not available in the pool to fulfil needs on a project, they will be recruited into Agency via the application pool
Any member of Developer DAO can apply to join by filling the initial form. An initial interview will help Agency learn about the skills of the new prospect, and find a role for him/her when the adequate project and/or is available. Current members will vote to grant membership to the applicant.
In order to be part of Agency potential members will need to:
- Be senior and have reliability on some area of work in web3,
- Be autonomous
- Have available time to put into work (min 10 hours a week)
- Be a team member, no stars, there is no space for stars here.
- Being a leader is deeply appreciated. Know how to lead and understand the capital requirements of a project, budgeting, client conversations, etc.
- Be selected by the Admin team
NB - While members can apply, onboarding will initially be slow whilst we focus on proving the model. Please don’t expect a quick reply. As work comes up, we’ll reach out to Contributors who have applied to see if they’re still available.
As a subDAO of Developer DAO, Agency will operate as an autonomous startup, connecting talented teams of builders with clients.
- Clarify, define and cost the services we provide customers:
- Web3 Product Design
- Web3 Front-end development.
- Smart contract engineering.
- Create a Pitch Deck and documentation to support this model
- Work with Labs to reactivate the presence of Agency among D_D and its Members, as well as promote Agency to potential customers.
- Secure first paid customer for agency
Venture building stays aside till the model is sustainable and as a side effect of the teams providing services. Circling back to approximate ventures as a side effect of service providing and having an internal active senior curated group of people. There is no specific focus on building it but on building the right group of people in which ventures flourish naturally.
The following are the proposed Objectives and Key Results for Q3 + Q4:
|O||Validate Agency business model as Service Provider|
|KR||Reactivate open weekly Agency meetings in Discord|
|KR||Deliver v1 of DAO Website Resdesign and Development|
|KR||Successfully engage at least 1 paid partner|
|KR||Co-work with Labs team to increase status of agency amonst members and potential partners|
|KR||Co-work with Labs team to ensure success of preferred partnerships|
|KR||Clean out inactive projects and members|
Agency intends to be a growing group of builders in the DAO, assembled in different projects, delivering high-quality products and being rewarded for that. We have a base Rewards System 3 1.
We’re requesting a total of 40,000 $CODE
- Admin pool - 10,000 $CODE
- Covers all administrative and coordination activities (meetings, agendas, docs, decks etc.)
- Assume admins work 10hrs / week
- Contributors pool - 30,000 $CODE
- Allocation for Team Leaders: Quarter allocation for each project from Agency CODE pool on an agreement with the team leader and based on OKRs of the project leading. The team leader will decide how the CODE is distributed to each team based on work.
- Contribution allocation will be organised by each Team Leader based on CODE allocations rulinon each working group.
- If the CODE is not used or there are not enough active projects to allocate the CODE based on activity it will be returned or held for the next season. If by the opposite we have not enough code in order to cover the whole set of activities we will ask for more at the end of the season.
We’re explicitly asking for some flexibility here to experiment with the rewards model in the same way Labs and Academy have in their budget proposals. The goal is to better define how rewards are distributed by dogfooding the process.
Dynamic requests not attached to quarterly budgets will be done from the pool by each Team Leader $CODE Pool.
The Sub-DAO Coordinator payment in the Labs proposal as well as revenue share from preferred partnerships, will be allocated by the Agency team internally.
We’re therefore not requesting any further USD-denominated budget in this request.
The main and most important value the Agency will bring back to D_D is having a high-quality, reliable group of builders. We offer high-quality professional services, curated products that ring our door, ventures that emerge from the D_D hood and require specific people, and the ability to build open products.
This will be reflected in an increment of the brand value concerning the whole value proposition funnel at the initial stages. We will continue to pursue the concept of: “If it comes from the Agency, it is good.”
Short term, it will allow for higher sponsor agreements with the DAO and stronger relationships with potential future incorporation into the Agency. We aim to attract new individuals with high standards willing to participate in the Agency and the DAO. The long-term goal is to achieve economic stability and then donate a large share of the surplus to the DAO. We will also help the DAO attract a more diverse active membership. With quality measurable outcomes being produced, people who value real value will come to join us, while those who don’t will disperse.
We recognise the importance of supporting Developer DAO’s financial stability.
To this end, we propose allocating specific percentages of the Agency’s revenue to the DAO based on the milestones achieved:
10% of the revenue from the Agency’s overall work. We plan to review this model at the end of Q4.
In return for the value contributed, we expect the Agency to be the first selection as a service provider from within the D_D DAO. Furthermore, the DAO should be the place for active members looking to engage for service provision, channelling the best members of the Developer DAO community into the Agency, ensuring mutual growth and success.
We expect as well from D_D Labs a side-by-side relationship helping with business development and marketing actions in order to drive high-quality clients into Agency
Agency will position itself as the expert group inside the DAO in which you can trust to build on the verticals we master.
This is it for now.
AGΞNCY ΞXPERTS 23-24