Authors; RyanCoordinator, mulford.eth
Public Good Guild Budget Application for Season 1. It defines the high-level goals of the Guild, plans to deliver on these goals, team responsible and the requested budget.
- Create an organization to support the next hundred years of Public Goods - the Public Goods Century.
- Ultimately, Public Goods are about /people/. PGG will support people, and their projects which in turn support people.
- This means giving resources to people and their projects, from financial resources to information resources to human resources.
- In Developer DAO Season 1, Public Goods Guild has a goal of setting itself up to be stable and sustainable while beginning to serve our community.
- Three major initiatives will have our focus this season:
- Major fundraising work to bring in financial resources and create a durable endowment.
- Connecting projects and champions with existing grants and opportunities already structured for delivery by external organizations.
- Public Goods gardening, providing direct non-financial support to champions and project contributors in the form of coaching, mentorship, connections to opportunities, publicity, etc. Basically, giving Public Goods initiatives the resources and opportunities they need to succeed.
- In future seasons, we will focus on working with other Public Goods groups, like Gitcoin’s Public Goods Library and ENS’s Public Goods Working Group.
How does your Project or new Guild align with the DAOs mission, values and goals?
”Foster & Build Web3 Tools & Public Goods” PGG exists to execute on this goal
How, if at all, will you use the Developer DAO Brand.
Public Goods Guild should ideally grow into a durable institution that continues forever to provide support to Developer DAO and D_D members and initiatives.
The use of the D_D brand is not strictly required, but it would be nice to say “Public Goods Guild at Developer DAO”
The success of PGG should bring public good will and drive member growth and engagement for D_D.
A core guild team is required for managing the processes, infrastructure, and strategy, and supporting all the educational and building efforts. At least 3 members are needed to have an operating multi-sig. The current members who have volunteered to be in charge of it are
Any member can volunteer for any of the following tasks, and if there are multiple volunteers, the Guild will vote to define one.
|Role / Candidates||Tasks to perform||$CODE/Season|
|Guild Lead - RyanCoordinator||Set PGG up to be a durable institution, instantiate and shepherd the processes in PGG to empower contributors to advance our mission and Public Goods. Fundraising and bringing in resources.||40h/wk/season length*$CODE-rate|
|Deputy Guild Lead- Isiah||Assist in PGG operations and essentially ‘dual’ the Guild Lead, with the context and capability to step in should the need arise||20h/wk/season length*$CODE-rate|
|External Grants Connector Lead / Wikist - Erik?||Maintain information on available grants and funding opportunities and facilitate connections with champions and teams||15h/wk/season length*$CODE-rate|
|Public Goods Gardening Lead - Bobbay||Set up and lead programme to provide direct individualized support and opportunities to Public Goods champions and contributors||15h/wk/season length*$CODE-rate|
|Public Goods Prototyper ?||Ideate and prototype ideas and technologies for PGG and Public Goods in general, ideally that can grow into independent initiatives||15h/wk/season length*$CODE-rate|
|Treasury assistant - Mulford.eth||Assist setting up and maintaining treasury policies and processes||10h/wk/season length*$CODE-rate|
|Gardeners and connectors - Chakra? Boris?||Contribute to Public Goods gardening and connecting champions with opportunities with the support and direction of programme leads||Variable depending on desire and availability. Estimate 10 contributors / 10h / wk / season length*$CODE-rate|
|Supporters and Advisors - Scott?||Contribute expert advice from the wider Public Goods sphere||2h/wk/season length*$CODE-rate|
- Publicity and Public Goods wider consciousness growth
- Education and Public Goods School educators
- IRL Public Goods Events Library - meetups and pizza parties programme, to be explored, will have organizers on the ground in cities with libraries. Perhaps study groups or book clubs, or just social events. This will take time to scale up and get right, but should be a great funnel for bringing people into Public Goods and Developer DAO.
Bringing in financial resources for D_D and projects should be net-positive in PGG’s first year. PGG aims to be self-funding, with only $CODE being requested from the D_D treasury.
How can you and the DAO know if you’ve been successful
- number projects receiving support
- number projects connected with grants or other opportunities
- Amount of funds raised
- number of PGG contributors actively engaged
What are the next steps for this Budget Application
The immediate next steps are finalizing the budget and first cohort of contributors.
Harmonizing PGG initiatives with existing work already underway by people all over D_D, like the Grants work from Wikist & Erik.
Ensuring the legal groundwork is in place to accept funding, reigniting fundraising conversations and cementing agreements.