As the long offseason after Season 0 finally ends, with the Developer DAO Foundation and CODE token in the final stages, it’s time to prepare for the next events, defining a starting date for Season1, and a regular cycle of Seasons afterwards. Having a regular cycle of seasons it’s an important element to the planification and strategy of the DAO. It gives everyone a common framework to work with.
The following are the current definitions done by this proposal:
- Season 1. Definition of the timeline and duration.
- Cycle of Seasons. Definitions.
Season 1 will start the day after the following conditions are met: Foundation is deployed, and the CODE token is launched. The whole season then will last 4 months. The remaining time of the year 2022 will be part of the offseason, with the new cycle of seasons starting on January 5th 2023.
Starting in January 2023, a cycle of seasons will start. Each year will have three seasons of three months, followed by an offseason composed of one month. Every year, the cycle will begin on January 5th.
2023 roadmap as an example:
- Season 2 starts January 5th and ends on May 31.
- Offseason starts April 1st until April 30th.
- Season 3 starts May 1st until July 31th.
- Offseason starts August 1st until August 31th.
- Season 4 starts September 1st until November 30th.
- Offseason starts December 1st until January 4th, 2024.
Offseason it’s a designated time for reflection, retrospectives, and if needed, elections of any type. At the same time, it must be taken into account as part of the previous season when considering rewards and payments. In general, off-seasons may include:
- Retrospectives: performed on the level of the DAO, each Guild, and/or individual projects
- Elections: may include positions within the Guilds, Operations Team, multisig signers
- Leadership transitions: ensure smooth ownership transition of tooling, procedures, etc.
- Prep for next season: e.g., voting on or preparing for the next season’s theme or priorities
- Reevaluate reward systems: gauge sentiment on whether rewards were appropriate for effort last season and make tweaks if necessary
- Rest: deliberately accomplish nothing, e.g., for a week
Giving these these types of organizational health items a separate, dedicated time permits full attention to continue on season objectives while in that season, but also crucially builds healthy habits into the DAO, e.g., giving members a regular break from Discord, properly engaging in the process for regularly rotating leadership.