The proposal seeks to create DAO Ops, a sub-DAO focused on managing the Operational Layer of the Developer DAO, with the goal of investing in the community of the DAO.
1.1 DAO Ops
DAO Ops main goal is to coordinate revenue-generating activities operating under the Developer DAO Foundation legal setting, and use the income to support the Community activities of Developer DAO.
This will be done by creating the framework for members willing to perform activities with the capability of generating revenue (Executives), be able to receive a share of that income, and send the rest to the DAO’s Treasury. This income will be used to reward contributors willing to perform activities that will benefit and grow the community (Operators).
Therefore, there are two types of contributors of DAO Ops:
Contributors who have revenue-generating activities for the DAO, operating under the Foundation legal setting. They are expected to deliver all revenue from their activities to the Developer DAO’s Treasury. In return, they will rewarded with a monthly commission of 10% of the monthly revenue generated.
- Partnership Leads
- (EDIT: Removed Fundraising as they are proposing a sub-DAO)
Any member of the DAO can propose a new revenue-generating activity, by making a suggestion to the Council of Stewards. Stewards will discuss and decide on each proposal.
Contributors who perform tasks that don’t directly generate revenue for Developer DAO. In order to be able to reward these members the following process will take place:
- Stewards will discuss the general distribution of the budget, and split it between Operations, Community and Partnerships Support.
- Each area will have Coordinators, responsible for the organization and coordination of each specific Domain. It is suggested each area keeps a list of tasks the DAO needs done in their specific Domain, and coordinate members doing those tasks. If there are any tasks available, there should be an effort to recruit members to perform them, trying to include as many participants as possible, while ensuring the well-functioning of the community.
- Any member of the DAO can apply to perform any of the open tasks in the list, by making a request to any Coordinator. Any member of the DAO can suggest a new task to a Coordinator.
1.2 Budget Request
There are two requests for the budget: USD based payments, and $CODE Rewards.
USD based payments
The DAO won’t spend more than half of what it currently has, therefore, total funding for Community tasks can’t be more than 50% of the total existing USD in the DAO Treasury on the first day of each new season. The DAO won’t risk spending more than what’s already in its pockets.
- Total current existing USD in the Treasury: 133,949
- Total budget requested (50% of the total): 66,974
The following is the initial list of tasks considered for the budget, pending further discussion among Stewards:
General amendment: Other sub-DAOs can request in their budgets up to 5% of the total funding of the total existing USD in the DAO Treasury on the first day of each new season, and it will be up to the Stewards to approve or negate that expense based on the importance of the tasks performed by the sub-DAO. Initial suggestion would be to limit the number of approvals of this type of funding to 2 or less for season 2.
The total request for $CODE will be a pool of 100,000. The rewards allocated to each contributor will be 1 $CODE for each USD paid. $CODE not used in this way will be returned to the DAO in the first 5 days of the end of the season.
Domains of Operations, Team and OKRs
Ensured a safe and enjoyable environment for Members with a consistent cadence of community events and structured asynchronous spaces for Members to interact and connect.
Engage partners, close partner deals, manage accounts, and take briefs on content. Appropriate hand-off.
Communication with partners and DAO members to ensure deliverables have champions, get scheduled, are completed and are marketed.
Manage accounting and legal issues, including Contributor agreements and agreements for the relationship between the DAO and its Sub-DAOs.
EDIT: Removed all instances related to new Core Team. Delegated those duties to all Stewards.
EDIT: Added Coordinators for each area. Added Domains of Operations.