D_D Website S1 Budget

Author(s): @Erik_Knobl
Supporting Budget Steward(s): @kempsterrrr

Summary

D_D Website budget application for Season 1. It defines the high-level goals, the plans to deliver, the core team of the project and the proposed budget.
The proposed budget is 24,400 $CODE to be distributed over four months.

Mission and Goals

The Team working on the D_D Website supports the mission of Developer DAO of educating newcomers to web3, and building open source projects. The goal is to have a Product that helps the DAO accomplish its objectives.

Scope of work:

A core team is required for managing all of the process, infrastructure, strategy, and supporting all the building efforts. At least 3 members are needed to have an operating multig Safe. Any member can volunteer for any of the following tasks, and if there are multiple volunteers, the Guild will vote to define one. Current members in charge of the multisig:

• nazeeh#2041
  • dhaiwat.eth
  • _Alan#9544

Define Core Tasks

Any member can volunteer for any of the following tasks, and if there are multiple volunteers, the Guild will vote to define one. The amounts are based on an hourly rate of 15 $CODE, as suggested in the $CODE Rewards proposal, and an average of 20 weekly hours.
15 $CODE * 80 monthly hours * 4 months = 4,800 $CODE / Season

Role/Candidates Tasks to perform $CODE/Season
LEAD DEV nazeeh#2041 Management of issues and how to assign tasks to members of the team, Define which tasks are going to be Sprint Bounties, Reviewing PRs and merging them to the main branch, Management of Seasonal Bounties 2,400 (40 monthly hours)
PRODUCT MANAGER (Open position) Product Management of the website, Coordination of the biweekly sprint, Defines implementation of features and priorities. 2,400 (40 monthly hours)
DESIGNER MOHΔMΞD SΔDIQ#0375 Design management of the website, Define user flows, UI designs and animations. Provide constructive feedback from the user POV. 2,400 (40 monthly hours)
DEVELOPER / _Alan#9544 Complete assignments for the website. 2,400 (40 monthly hours)
DEVELOPER / matthewalex.eth#6178 Complete assignments for the website. 2,400 (40 monthly hours)
DEVELOPER Complete assignments for the website. 2,400 (40 monthly hours)

Bounties

In addition to regular tasks assigned to the core team, a list of tasks will be delivered to the community as possible entry points for newcomers looking to integrate into the project. In addition, each sprint, some tasks will be assigned as bounties by the team.

• Translations to non-english languages - 2,400 $CODE for each language.
  • Sprint Bounties - 300 (10 biweekly hours) $CODE each.

Success Metrics and KPIs

• Seasonal Upgrade delivered.

Financial implications

This is the detailed list of all $CODE requirements for the goals of the project:

Concept S1 $CODE
Permanent Tasks 14,400
Bounties 10,000
TOTAL 24,400

VOTE

• Yes, support this budget application
  • No, I do not support this budget application

0 voters

4 Likes

The Proposal LGTM! No suggestions are there from my side :+1:

1 Like

EDIT: Added dhaiwat.eth and _Alan#9544as multisig participant.
Added _Alan#9544 as Dev.

EDIT: Added matthewalex.eth#6178 as Dev

Can you please provide a more in depth description of what the future of the website looks like? Reading the need for 4 devs but no insight into the future makes it hard to comprehend me comfortably justifying this budget without understanding the desired outcome of the site for season 1.

1 Like

Can you please provide a more in depth description of what the future of the website looks like? Reading the need for 4 devs but no insight into the future makes it hard to comprehend me comfortably justifying this budget without understanding the desired outcome of the site for season 1.

The short answer is that currently that’s not possible, and it’s a good discussion to have:

1. The team will assemble and plan the upgrade as part of the project. Is that correct? Not sure, but it’s worth discussing that.
  2. The current project’s efforts were not considered as part of the early contributors initiative, and will not be part of the current budget proposal. Should we reward them for that instead?

I am in support of some kind of retroactive funding for this projects contributors thus far, absolutely, but for the sake of these budget proposals, I thought they were related to season 1 efforts only.

Forgive me if I jumped the gun on this.

my thoughts are it’s generally OK for S1 to be optimistic about what a team might be able to do with a proposed budget. without a budget, I worry they are not going to be able to incentivize action.

cc @Erik_Knobl

The current project’s efforts were not considered as part of the early contributors initiative, and will not be part of the current budget proposal. Should we reward them for that instead?

retrospectively rewarding people for pre-season 1 work outside of the coorindape circle may be a very large can of worms to open. where do we stop? does it replace the coordinapre round? how do we figure out who is accounted for in the round and who is not?

we’re faced with some realities at the moment that are not perfect but my point of view is the most important is moving forward even if that means during Season 1 we waste a little $CODE. That said, this section outlines how I proposed we ensure accountability:

Budget Distribution, Accountability and Visibility

Budgets will be distributed on a monthly basis by the Operations Team.

To help DAO members maintain some visibility of project progress and also to ensure some level of accountability during Season 1, Guilds and Projects must submit a bi-weekly update to the forum to receive the next month’s allocation.

No updates, No $CODE.

If an update is submitted and the Operations Team have any reason to question whether or not the next month’s budget should be issued, they will refer this to the Budget Stewards to Vote on allocating/not-allocating the next month’s budget. This vote will be carried out in public via a sesh bot poll restricted to people who hold the Budget Stewards discord role.

This process will be improved during Season 1 as we figure out better ways of coordinating work and sharing updates across the DAO. Ideally the Budget Stewards is either and elected committee or it is tied to a threshold of $CODE holdings, then delegated power by the DAO to make these decisions on behalf of members.

Added the hours for tasks and bounties.

2 Likes

Adding myself as supporting budget steward although I’d like to at least initially put myself forward to play the PM role for this project depending on how @Nazeeh21 @mohamedsadiq and others feel about this.

believe there is a lot of potential value to be unlocked for the DAO via the website so would love to help ensure realise that and given my context across the DAO and FT nature of my contributions think it fits well, at least to help set the next stage of roadmap up for success.

1 Like

@kempsterrrr tysm for stepping up. Looking at the current strategies proposed by you and the ideas you are proposing to give direction to the website, I believe that it’d be really beneficial to the DAO as well as the project if you will be the PM of the project.

1 Like

thanks for the support dude, hopefully, the rest of the team is OK with it.

1 Like

I believe this may be out of date based on recent work and folks’ availability @kempsterrrr

Correct, @Nazeeh21 is short on time but that’s fine, we can be allocated those tokens to others on the project as a role or bounties and if there is anyone that wants to take a step up into that role we’re able to do that as well :slight_smile:

Budget update from team

tl;dr

Milestone Summary

• S1 website launched - Next-gen website being designed and build started

We’re not requesting any amendments to our allocation at this time

2 Likes