P-3: Developer DAO Season 0

Definitely! :building_construction::building_construction::building_construction::building_construction:

2 Likes

Just a request that if there are POAPs for town hall sessions that there are options for folks in timezones that can’t make the call times. As a New Zealand based dev I’m always seeing sessions at 2am and appreciate when there are video recordings I can catch up on when the timezones don’t work.

8 Likes

For the reward structure it is unclear whether scribe vs educator is beneficial. There seem to be enough overlap risk that either the concepts need to be flushed better or the rewards need to be combined.

On the face of it it appears the initial approaches for internal resources and external articles would overlap strongly as we are in the build phase. Unifying the approaches, content strategy , content creation and editorializing would make sense for this period. This would also utilize available contributors in a way that builds internal and external value.

Cheers guys !
Z
From Australia

1 Like

Great work on this! Exciting to see more of a structure come together.

I hadn’t realized there was this forum, so great! I personally find it really hard to use Discord/messaging apps for stuff like this, the stream is overwhelming and IMO things get lost, difficult to maintain discussions. I’m sure we’re all quite busy outside of the DAO, and having a more async medium for communication is :key: in my view.

On another note, what’s the best way to learn about scheduled Town Halls? Can we perhaps set up a shared calendar or something like that?

Super eager to get more involved! :rocket:

3 Likes

Thanks so much for this, awesome work, really liked the proposal.

I know it’s not the priority right now but I think we could consider changing the names of "season’/“guilds” to reflect something DEV-related. It’s not important right now but possibly could help with the DAO branding in the long run.

@kempsterrrr @dabit3 thoughts on marketing/biz-dev being two separate guilds? for example I would see biz-dev being focused on B2B (or DAO to DAO initiatives) and partnerships - so campaigns that target groups. wheres marketing would perhaps be more so focused on social campaigns that target individuals (web 2 developers or web3 creators) as well as brand awareness campaigns (NFT drops, etc.)

there’s a ton of overlap between both for sure. but was curious to know if this is something that could be split into two guilds as the DAO grows?

3 Likes

That makes sense long-term to me! Part of the challenge early on is not spreading too thin (see post). So this might be the right thing to put together until we feel the need to really pull it apart like you suggested. Especially when we have better coordinated resources for the biz dev projects.

1 Like

100%! Any suggestions on exactly how to do that? Second meeting 12 hrs later with poaps?

1 Like

@willblackburn Gotcha! Makes perfect sense. I definitely agree with not spreading resources too thin. I have a strong background in marketing (growth) and would love to contribute there in anyway I can.

@dabit3 is there a meeting date/time that is setup for the marketing/biz-dev guild?

2 Likes

So this was suggested a few times by @wolovim as well and too my shame I forgot to put it up to a vote :man_facepalming: Might have to be something we revisit in Season 0 now given the votes up. Totally my bad.

Decide on best way to organise developers within the DAO (i.e. do we break down into separate/sub guilds for specialties, like Smart Contract Devs vs. Front End devs)

@kempsterrrr Organizing around specialties would be helpful – having a way to express areas of interest too would be a nice compliment. Since many members are here to learn (myself included!), that could help us be mindful in terms of matching folks up so A) projects are getting done and B) the DAO’s collective knowledge is growing.

Create on-boarding experience to understand new devs skills/level, find suitable learning resources and opportunities to collaborate on community projects or contribute to the DAO.

@kempsterrrr Great callout re: onboarding! Anything that can help get folks from new DAO member to project contributor in the least amount of time will be highly valuable. It also directly lines up with the reward structure outlined in the proposal :metal:

2 Likes

I think we should have meetings scheduled based on a rotation basis. The goal should be to make it easy for everyone to participate and contribute.

1 Like

I don’t mind @thisizkp’s idea of alternating timeslots for meetings (after every meeting add 8 hours to the recurring meetings timeslot). The idea of mirror meetings 12 hours apart is also fine as is just have a recording of the meeting and leave poap claims open for 24 hours so that folks from out of the way timezones aren’t excluded.

I’m also a big fan of https://thehtime.com - it takes a bit of mental investment to start using but then it makes mental timezone translations disappear.

1 Like

+1 to having a shared calendar with the town hall meetings!

2 Likes

100% this is problem we need to think about if we are to keep inline with our Inclusive value. I have spun up a community guild Trello to start capturing these ideas and suggestions so we can being to work through them in Season 0.

Here is a link to this topic on trello

Re-playing the Town hall / other meetings and providing another opportunity for people to attend and claim POAP seems like the less ideal but far easier solution at the moment assuming this works from a DEGEN Bot / POAP point of view @willblackburn ?

Alternating meeting times is a more ideal solution for those missing out but it’s much trickier in practice and something we need to think about how we tackle a bit more.

cc @thisizkp

2 Likes

As the town hall meeting is bi-weekly, maybe we could vote for the time in between the next town hall so that we know which specific time is suitable for most of the members who want to join :slight_smile:

+100 to this thread. It would be good if the Decentralized bit also extended to timezones - that would also encourage more participation outside of the US. There is no reason why the TZ cant just be rotated - there are about 8 major timezone groupings that span 3 hours each and so meetings could just roll on that 8 week basis (simply round robin style). That distributes the load evenly and everyone is equally affected, which is what you want since the goal is to distribute the pain rather than achieve convenience for everyone.

1 Like

it’s not vert easy to set up a channel, I want to set up a python web3py channel.

I apologize if this was already suggested but maybe we can use the Scheduled Events feature from Discord.

I saw this feature in action on another Discord server and felt that upcoming events caught my attention more. I think it will work well for us. :slight_smile:

That is my first post in this community. Thank you very much for detailing Season 0 so much. I am starting a first Polish DAO and we seek inspiration. I know we lack a lot of skills, especially compared to yours, but will will achieve our goals. I will contribute to Developer DAO as much as I can, because I hope that you will teach me a lot about building one. We want to encourage and empower young people here and introduce them to blockchain and essentially the future.

I am looking forward to working with you and thank you for amazing stuff you are doing!

2 Likes