Job Board Concept

I like this idea, especially the secondary part which I think could be extremely useful.

I know that personally I have struggled to find help with things that I would have loved to have what amounts to basically a pre-screened, or at least a higher quality pool of potential applicants/workers to choose from, in the membership of this DAO.

Might be a cool idea to incorporate something that allows for the members within the DAO to link up with one another on paid projects if people are open to it, with an agreement that a small percentage of whatever the agreed upon fees/payment arrangement could be donated to the DAO treasury. Or a fee paid on the listing posts from those looking to hire someone.

1 Like

Slightly off-topic, but I’ve seen an NFT idea for a billboard, where people pay to change the content displayed. This is the tweet that explains the idea https://twitter.com/dbuidl/status/1444226250281717761
This is the board itself https://thebillboard.vercel.app/
The board/boards could be tweaked to make it a job board rather than a regular billboard
This could be a low-effort way to generate some revenue for the treasury.

can we embed this on the website? are we ok with embedding this on the website?

1 Like

I guess to answer my own question the problem could be one of moderation. Maybe we can have a sponsor slot on the page though - not sure how people feel about that. Like I’m ok with Carbon ads (if you’ve seen those when you run an adblock) and wouldn’t be averse to it, like we’ve been talking about having sponsors (one per issue) for the newsletter

The thing with making it truly web3, though, is that is would be permissionless. People would probably use it to shill/shitpost. That is mostly what happened with the billboard NFT in the tweet. Maybe we could add verification for the job poster or another form of moderation.
Also, I know we’ve discussed sponsorships for the newsletter and for the seasons. Not sure if the main website is the right spot for a job ad board … maybe a subdomain linked from the main website?

Yeah - perhaps not truly permission free. But the placement (and therefore impressions) is the value of an ad. But I guess when I phrase it as “an ad” it’s less appealing. But it is a thought, just not necessarily the best one.

1 Like