Governance Token Proposal - Request for Feedback

coolļ¼Œlook forward for the next steps.

1 Like

Excellent proposal and happy to be a part of D_D!!! The early contributors are desired to those 10% of CODE tokens and thanks to their contributions.

Question about additional 359 tokens of CODEdrop: should those tokens be required to be held as well? In the proposal, it's said that at the start of Season 1, membership in DAO will require 400 tokens to be held.
1 Like

Agree with this allocation proposal :grinning:

3 Likes

nice , people work togeter, i want in

2 Likes

You should also include some basic proof (signed message & public key of original address) with your pr.

No. 1 or 10 poaps or stapshot votes = 359 (POAP or snapshot vote)

A member can receive up to 759 tokens through the airdrop alone.

I read it as: The maximum amount of $CODE a member can receive is 759.

What is the equation for the airdrop?

NFT holders at the snapshot will each receive 400 tokens. If you voted in one of our first two Snapshot proposals or claimed a town hall POAP before Season 0, you are eligible for an additional 359 tokens. Additional contributions will be rewarded through the Early Contributor rewards.

FAQ: FAQ - Governance Token Proposal Companion

1 Like

Iā€™m all for giving more rewards to contributors and hope developerdao prospers

2 Likes

Thanks for you response, Unfortunately I missed out on window on both those snapshots due to travel/unavailability but you can see my POAPS that I was able to migrate from compromised wallet xDAI to new wallet POAP
I only have Bankless community call and season 0 townhall POAPS

This is the compromised wallet address, hacked on 12/9 - 0x2B34b9988128b44DB9e30C68FD079638bE38F703

Nice proposal. I have a few points of clarification.

1. The definition of ā€œearly contributorā€ is very loose to me. For me a major part of this community is people who are active in the discord, answering questions, taking the time to hop on a call and debug code, sharing resources, etc. These contributions arenā€™t publicly visible like a github commit, but IMO are almost more important in terms of building the community. How does this work with coordinape?

2. I voted in the Season 0 snapshot, but IIRC the POAP claim was very buggy for a lot of people, including myself, and Iā€™m not sure a lot of us were able to successfully claim. Is there a way to check this or retroactively see who voted and make sure they get their POAP correctly?
    (EDIT: You can check on snapshot, mine actually did mint correctly even though it seemed buggy at the time!)

3. Holding 400 tokens for membership seems steep. I think it would be cool if we fostered a community where you could tip people or send them small amounts of value for being active in the community, answering questions, collabing, making you laugh, whatever. Having all the addition token distribution come out of the treasury seems burdensome for this. Maybe this is a totally separate project all together, on a L2 solution, but just a point Iā€™d like to bring up.

Cheers.

1 Like

meaning contributions will be rewarded?

Current thought is that the Coordinape for early contributions would be for contributions from the beginning of the DAO through end of Season 0 to avoid missing anyone.

2 Likes

Finally, I have one question: where will the token be issued?

The advice we continue to get is that we should deploy on Ethereum layer 1 to allow for the greatest amount of interoperability at this time with tools, services, and other DAOs. We would be able to setup layer 2 support in the future.

3 Likes

Good questions - taking a stab at them as non-official statements hah.

Who are the people in the founding team? The current Core team members?

Yes! @kempsterrrr should be adding some clarity to this with the FAQ shortly!

I believe we should not put a stamp on the Gitcoin allocation until the snapshot vote for that particular proposal passes. We can maybe call it ā€˜allocated for partnershipsā€™ for now.

Personally, I think that if we get general consensus around the overall allocation it will allow us to proceed with the Snapshot vote for the Gitcoin partnership ahead of this vote - or at the same time. But I am interested to hear peopleā€™s thoughts on this. We had a vast majority supporting the Gitcoin partnership with the forum vote.

When are we planning this airdrop?

TBD. I think we are hoping to do it sooner than later, but do not want to unnecessarily rush things without the community feeling ready for it all.

Would this airdrop mark the end of season 0?

We will likely have some separation to allow for the operational bits being setup for Season 1.

Will $CODE have any monetary value at launch, or in the future?

$CODE will be a mainnet ERC-20 token. We view this as a non-financial governance token for our governance procedures.

2 Likes
  1. Do we keep 400 tokens as the entry point of DAO? Should we consider the price after the code release? It might be too expensive the new developer to join. 400 Token + Gas fee. We should make the DAO easy to join and grow for a long run.

Good questions that we definitely want the DAO members & DAO Governance to decide going forward! Not expecting this to be a ā€œset in stoneā€ thing.

1. Could we keep more CODE token for scholarship and so on for excellent developer who is lack of funding.

I think given the 50% allocation to the treasury, we will be able to easily support efforts like this (which are massively important). But can do so through governance and not the initial allocation.

1 Like

should those tokens be required to be held as well?

We are suggesting that only 400 governance tokens are required for membership. Additional tokens would give you more of a voice in our governance process.

Good questions!

1. The definition of ā€œearly contributorā€ is very loose to me. For me a major part of this community is people who are active in the discord, answering questions, taking the time to hop on a call and debug code, sharing resources, etc. These contributions arenā€™t publicly visible like a github commit, but IMO are almost more important in terms of building the community. How does this work with coordinape?

It is intentionally loose & bottom-up. The community will decide who has contributed and to what extent. We do want to make sure that we have a clean process for people sharing how they have contributed for others to recognize them. So there will be a nomination process of sorts that we will use.

1. I voted in the Season 0 snapshot, but IIRC the POAP claim was very buggy for a lot of people, including myself, and Iā€™m not sure a lot of us were able to successfully claim. Is there a way to check this or retroactively see who voted and make sure they get their POAP correctly?
    (EDIT: You can check on snapshot, mine actually did mint correctly even though it seemed buggy at the time!)

Checkout the FAQ and see the repo for addresses for the Snapshot. The POAP for voting does not really matter as we are getting the actual address voting list from Snapshot!

1. Holding 400 tokens for membership seems steep. I think it would be cool if we fostered a community where you could tip people or send them small amounts of value for being active in the community, answering questions, collabing, making you laugh, whatever. Having all the addition token distribution come out of the treasury seems burdensome for this. Maybe this is a totally separate project all together, on a L2 solution, but just a point Iā€™d like to bring up.

Realistically, this is just an arbitrary number. We could only launch with 1 million tokens and then the distribution would have membership require 40 tokens. We have discussed ways to be inclusive with scholarships, paths to earn tokens, guest memberships, etc. that we will continue to explore!

1 Like

Great work on the proposal, kudos to the team! I see in the FAQ - Governance Token Proposal Companion that the bottom-up mechanism to reward contribution is with Coordinape which I think this is a very sensible approach to avoid centralization. For those of us who are not familiar with Coordinape, would it be useful to illustrate how this point system might work in practice?

1 Like

is it 400 tokens per NFT in wallet at snapshot time?

Thanks for the detailed proposal, I will be in favour. I also think early contributors definitely deserve 10%.

1 Like

Do I maintain voting rights if I try to LP on a DEX for $CODE?

I have my POAPs in one wallet, and the NFT in another wallet.

How can I link them?

edit: I see both addresses in member-and-early-contributor-rewards/final_snapshot_votes_and_poap_holders.json at main Ā· Developer-DAO/member-and-early-contributor-rewards Ā· GitHub so I guess I donā€™t need to link them! cool!