[ARCHIVED] - Fundraising Sub-DAO - Season 2

Fundraising Hub Sub-DAO Proposal

Author: Wikist

View all relevant info about my previous role as Fundraising Operators here.

Summary

This proposal outlines the vision for Fundraising Hub in Developer DAO. We outlined the scope of work, our business model, our budget requests, KPIs, domain of operations and how we are aligned with DAO’s OKRs.

I don’t have two remaining people for the creation of multisig. I gladly ask for two volunteers who would join the safe as a second and third person. These people should probably be a Stewards, as this way the DAO will have a way to monitor my financial operations by a people who are not part of the Sub-DAO. In next seasons I might change this, but at least for season 2 I require two more people for me to be in line with DAO-wide rules.

Motivation

As it stands there are a lot of founders in Developer DAO’s community which are struggling with getting funded for their projects. On DAO-wide Coordination Calls we have collectively determined that the majority of DAO members are builders and that most of them are searching for job, but as a matter of fact being a builder is not only about that, but maybe even more so about building something that matters to you and trying to sustain yourself by being a founder.

Even in a bear market there is a lot of funding waiting for people to be used. Protocols are eager to support serious projects. Venture Capital and Angel Investors are searching for good opportunities now to profit during the next bull run. The protocols’ problem is the need to increase the popularity of their ecosystems and the private capital wants projects that have product-market-fit so they can see a return on their investment. On the other hand founders have problems with getting funded and in determining good funding opportunities. These two problems meet each other in Developer DAO, where they can be solved by connecting protocols with founders.

By establishing Fundraising Hub Sub-DAO in Developer DAO I will continue my job, build more momentum, attract more founders into the community and help people build with more peace of mind without worrying so much about how to get funded.

Scope of Work

Fundraising-specific tasks

Fundraising Hub Sub-DAO will continue to work very similarly as to how it was working before in season 1. This time though I want to split tasks into two categories. First one is focusing directly on fundraising and the second on taking care of the community.

The fundraising-specific OKRs are as follows:

LEARN
O2 Provide DAO members with high-quality learning opportunities Owner
KR Stewarding the Fundraising section on the D_D wiki (link), managing the D_D Fundraising Guide and adding content when necessary (link) Wikist
BUILD
O3 Support DAO members to elevate their impact on the world Owner
KR Performing outreach to grantmaking organizations, Venture Capital and Angel Investors for the sake of fostering relations for easier access to funding for D_D founders Wikist
KR Taking care of the database with grant programs, funders and project data to give D_D founders access to valuable information about different funding opportunities in the space not easily available outside of our community Wikist
GOVERN
O4 Position the DAO structurally and financially for long-term success Owner
KR Create an income stream for the DAO through fundraising management for founders (details below) Wikist

Community-specific tasks

These tasks will be part of my salaried position, but are different in nature from fundraising-specific tasks and can help everyone to better orient themselves what Fundraising Hub is actually doing. That’s why I distinguish them as a separate bag of tasks.

Outside of the tasks that focus primarily on the fundraising aspect, there are also more community focused tasks, which I think are essential to reinvigorate the community of founders in Developer DAO for the sustainable long-term growth of the D_D and Sub-DAO’s capabilities and opportunities. Without openly talking with founders and organizing public events to gather their attention I foresee that the interest will steadily go down and hence prevent the Sub-DAO from effectively delivering on its purpose and make D_D lose a part of its community.

Outside of that I think that Office Hours also lean more towards the community-specific OKRs rather than fundraising-specific. The main difference is that sometimes there are a lot of people and sometimes there is no one at those meetings. I reduced the number of Office Hours from twice a week to once a week.

Below are the community-specific OKRs:

LEARN
KR Minimum of one live streaming or study group facilitation per week CMs
FH Minimum of one live streaming or study group facilitation per month (link) Wikist
KR Have regular Office Hours on Wednesdays at 2pm UTC where people can connect with me about anything fundraising related Wikist
VIBE
O1 Foster a fun and safe Member experience Owner
KR Minimum of one social event per week CMs
FH Minimum of one social event for founders per month Wikist

Business model

Starting from season 2 every Sub-DAO should seek its own business model and aim to become self-sustainable. To achieve this task I introduce very simple business model:

In order to get active support from me in the fundraising activities the founder needs to agree on a percentage cut from the funding that I help him raise. The percentage fee depends on the table below.

For every individual funding that founder gets thanks to our support, we will take a % cut.

These fees follow the structure below:

Minimum raised Maximum raised The % fee
$0 $10,000 24%
$10,001 $50,000 19%
$50,001 $100,000 14%
$100,001 $500,000 9%
$500,001 $1,000,000 6%
$1,000,001 ∞ 4%

I reserve a right to allow for individual negotiations between me and founders when appropriate. On such occasions the percentages might change.

Due to the recent negotiations about season 2 and asks from the community to focus on specific areas I will fundraise for Developer DAO directly only on favorable occasions. This means that if during my talks with any funding organization I will notice an opportunity to start talking about possible fundraising for D_D itself, I will pursue it, but I will not take it as priority. I will focus primarily on helping D_D founders polishing their project ideas, business models and fundraise in their name.

Funding requests

To make this shift from public goods model to a business model I require a transition period, which in my mind would be the season 2 and 3 of Developer DAO. I want to continue with salary throughout the coming season, as otherwise the job that I do will not be sufficient to sustain me in the work. In season 3 or 4 I hope that the work done by me before will already be paying for my salary.

1. Salary

I ask for a monthly salary of $2500 USDC.

In return every income brought with this business model will be fully (100%) transferred to the DAO itself. This amount will also allow me to focus on this job more as a half-time/full-time position instead of a side-time position.

For this route I create specific KPIs for the season.

I report back on the KPIs by the end of the season by creating a summary and posting it in the original season proposal for the Sub-DAO. This summary will be then discussed by the Steward Council afterwards on the DAO-wide call where the Council will decide if my summary is factual. On the Steward’s ask I will have to provide a proof of every KPI deliverable. During my operations mid-season every Steward has a right to ask for the current progress on those KPIs.

If I go over 100% with the KPIs at the end of the season, then 25% of that additional income is being transformed into a bonus on top of my salary. This is only true if through my work I had already paid my salary back to the DAO in the current season and only for the KPIs that bring back financial value back to the DAO. Non-financial KPIs can go over 100% in delivery, but nothing above 100% will be counted for this purpose.

Time period 06.03.2023 - 26.04.2023 (the end of season 2 with the new roadmap proposal):

Wikist: $2500 USDC monthly for the two months

Funding requested for the rest of the season 2: $5000

I also want to request some $CODE budget for operations to test new ideas.

1. First one revolves around introducing myself to different organizations. I would like to reward D_D members with small amounts of $CODE for making an introduction for me in organizations that offer funding to founders.

I request 1000 $CODE to be spent on Crew3 bounty-like quests incentivizing making connections between grantmaking organizations and me. This budget assumes that max 10 connections can be achieved this way before the end of season 2.

The idea is that people that already have connections in different organizations can get rewarded for introducing FO into these organizations.

Specifications:

For one connection a person can gain 100 $CODE. This connection needs to be new which means that it is not part of the D_D’s Friendly Funders Report and has grant or funding programs. The task will be considered delivered when the intro meeting with us will be done and the organization has in fact active grant or funding programs. This condition means that an applying person needs to make sure first if the organization has those programs running before contacting Fundraising Hub Operators.

After bringing this idea forward on the Discord few members supported its implementation and hence it was presented at the DAO Coordination Call on which everyone agreed with its implementation.

1. Second idea revolves around rewarding founders for participating in social events that target the founders community in D_D. If they prepare a case-study or will be able to present an interesting presentation for other founders in the community I want to give them a reward.

Specifications:

I request 1200 $CODE to be spent on Crew3 bounty-like quests incentivizing being active on social events for founders. This budget assumes that max 3 presentations/events/case-studies will be done by the end of season 2. For being a founder that prepares either one of these and will present it to the rest of the community I want to give them 200 $CODE. I foresee that on one meeting there might be max two different presentations done and that by the end of season 2 there can be at least 3 social events done.

In both cases (ideas number 1. and 2.) if there will be some $CODE left over, then I will either return it back to the treasury or leave it for the next season.

KPIs

These are to be taken into consideration if I were to be working on a salary.

By the end of season 2 (updated with regards to the current short and chaotic 2 months period):

1. Number of project teams I help (review grant application, schedule a call etc.): 10
  2. Number of grant applications submitted: 15
  3. Number of grant applications awarded: 4
  4. Summarized amount of funding awarded to projects: $15k USD equivalent
  5. Number of recorded live educational workshops for the community: 2
  6. Host regular Office Hours on Wednesdays at 2pm UTC where people can connect with me about anything fundraising related: presence from Wikist on at least 7 out of 8 in the rest of season 2

Domain of Operations

My domain of operations is Fundraising.

Throughout season 1 me and Chuck were tasked as Fundraising Operators to establish fundraising infrastructure for the DAO. This task had been done and we proceeded with active support to founders in Developer DAO’s community starting from the mid November. Since then we have helped several people with their fundraising efforts by creating fundraising workshops (link), guides (link), reviewing grant applications, researching available grants in web3 space, introducing ourselves to different protocols and foundations and pointing people to appropriate opportunities (link ). We held regular Office Hours every Monday and Friday which allowed us to get to know the founders and their needs.

Chuck will not be continuing on this position, but if community finds that the value that I bring is worthwhile and will vote positively on this proposal, then I will work on it.

I think that I am the correct person to handle the fundraising aspects in Developer DAO.

If you want to know more about me, read our proposal for season 1: link.

If you want to see our update of derivables from season 1, go here: link.

1 Like

Sub-DAOs require at least 3 members in the multisig. How would you add a third member? Would you be open for more members? How would that work?

Both models send money to the DAO’s Treasury. Is that convenient in this model? Wouldn’t it be better if the grant is just split between the sub-Dao and the team receiving the grant?

Is this negotiable? Can we propose alternatives?

Keep in mind the minimum for entry to the Discord is 400. What would be the rationale for just giving 100? How would they be encouraged to get the rest?

I would certainly prefer if this money would be used to fund your efforts.

1 Like

We didn’t think about that. Don’t know the answer. If we take someone that would probably be either a “fake” person only for multisig and not for working or we would have to train someone new, but I doubt we will be able to find that time. Would it be bad if the third person would be just for the sake of rules and not necessity?

That’s how it is. I just wanted to state, that we don’t want to charge twice both the Protocol and the Founder in any case.

Everyone always can. We will discuss that with Chuck and respond.

Good point. I was thinking only about D_D members. Though I still think like that is maybe even more convincing, so people would be incentivized to give us at least 4 connections.

Thank you for that opinion. Wonder how other feel about it.

1 Like

I am tentatively in favor of this but I’d like guardrails added.

What happens if you don’t meet your OKRs?

What happens if you don’t meet your funding goals?

What happens if you become sustainable sooner than expected? Later than expected?

What happens if one of you gets hit by a bus and the multisig dies?

What if the job sucks and you want to leave? Who owns the contacts and CRM?

Overall, this is a good idea in my opinion. I’d like the edge cases refined similar to how they would be in most sales positions.

3 Likes

Thanks for submitting this @Wikist and @chuck25

I think your work is very valuable and an excellent service to the community. I’d like to support this proposal but think there are some important questions to be asked and maybe edits made given the more equitable distribution of funds we’re striving for in Season 2.

This proposal has a lot of scope and responsibility, multiple business models, and fundraising for founders and the DAO, which is a lot of work to achieve in the next 2.5 months. If you were asked to focus on one business model, which would you prioritise, why, and what effect would that have on the rest of the proposal?

Have these numbers been validated in any way? i.e. are founders going to be OK with paying these amounts? If they haven’t and they don’t want to, what happens to this proposal?

There is rightly a lot of scrutiny on rewards at the moment given things were not fair in S1 across the board. You’re work is very valuable but I’m unsure if it’s justifiable for these rates to continue given the reallocation of funds everywhere else. I know I suggested keeping it like this but in all honesty I was aiming for a good enough and folks clear were not happy with where that got to across the board.

Similar to the ask above, could you provide alternative options for what you could deliver at a reduced rate? I believe this would be a healthy step for the debate around rewards.

Whilst I understand the desire for a salary > commission, what impact would the DAO ask you to move to a part commission-based model have on this proposal?

2 Likes

Agreed with @kempsterrrr on validation. I’d love to learn more about how about KPIs are being tracked and if we are spending salary amounts from the Treasury then we might want to institute performance reviews and fallbacks commensurate to spending as proposed by @ntindle. It might make sense to have some type of governance on top of any salaried members as a general rule. I really like how the Partnerships group is using commission as a way to fund the entire DAO which would make sense for a Fundraising group as well. They’re closely aligned. A similar business model would create a virtuous feedback cycle.

2 Likes

The proposal is well structured. I have similar questions as @ntindle .

2 Likes

Just to keep everyone informed. I am right now making adjustments to the proposal and discussing about it with Chuck. Will post a new version once possible.

Because of that any progress on this is halted until further notice.

2 Likes

Please remove the [DRAFT] tag in the meantime, so that stewards know it’s inactive. You can put it back when it’s ready for discussion.

1 Like

I updated the proposal. Chuck is no longer involved. The scope of changes is big enough, that i recommend to read through the whole proposal again.

1 Like

It’s even more problematic now, when it’s going to be only me working on this. Welcome volunteers.

That;s how it is in the proposal. I reduced the proposal to only one business model to get more focus too.

New proposal request a smaller amount - because of the fact that now it will be only me and to take into consideration the state of DAO finances.

I don’t think about it. Let us just make sure that the amount is not too large and not to small. Most founders will be on our Discord anyway.

Now you have a choice. And also due to the chaos of season 2 start and the fact that there are only 2 months left to do anything I made this KPI twice smaller.

Now you have the clause for these. Please give me feedback.

Changed the proposal so now I will only focus on fundraising management for founders.

Several projects already agreed on this fee structure. If they don’t want to, I don;t do the fundraising management for them.

Now without Chuck this is more possible. The rate is still lower than should be of course, but as a DAO we just don’t have the means to support it in a fair way.

Now you have more explanation on this in the proposal. Please give feedback.

Proposal updated. Please give feedback.

The proposal is unfrozen. Up for discussions again.

2 Likes

I appreciate the flexibility and understanding that you provided for the less than optimal questions I had.

Tentatively approving unless other questions are asked. Ping for re-review then.

2 Likes

The salaried role seems more suitable whilst we work out the kinks in the community. This would give you the stability to work these kinks out with us

Given you’re not getting any commission, I don’t think you should be giving back that salary if you don’t hit those numbers, as no one else has this arrangement, and it feels unfair IMHO.

Regarding some of the detail, as discussed yesterday, I’ll be strongly advocating for the various stakeholders in Sub-DAOs and Labs etc. to collaborate in a visual space on this Figma board. My feelings are we should strip back complexity as much as possible and deliver on the simplest version of everything as best we can.

I suspect in order to get the “deal flow” of founders (much like attendance for our partner workshops etc.) collaboration is going to be with between the Community Managers to make sure they’re encouraging folks to exploit these opportunities. We only have 1 Twitter account/newsletter, server etc. but if we get this right and everyone is pushing the same story then I think you’ll have far more interest than you need as the service is dope af.

Interested to hear other @stewards thoughts on this

1 Like

While I do think that revenue-generating roles should be self sustainable, I also know they need time and investment to reach that state.
I would support a salaried role for season 2, and would encourage you to include other interested members in these activities.
I also think this is the perfect case of a revenue-generating role where the DAO would benefit more if the financial value is split between teams and the fundraising operator, without sending a share to the DAO’s treasury.

2 Likes

I have read through the proposal and the questions and the answers that’s been provided. I don’t have anything more to add.
I also approve it from my part (unless new q/a or concerns arises).

1 Like

This proposal is ready for snapshot. Should we keep both options for the whole DAO to decide? @Wikist

1 Like

Only two people voted, which makes me unsure what is more preferred. But my preferred option is the salary, so please elevate only this one. If it doesn’t go through with the community, then we will be able to post the commission-based one.

I cut off the slashing part from the proposal.

Following the elevation process I want to put forth the salaried option to snapshot. I was not able to get enough people’s voices here on the forum to see which option has bigger sentiment - salary or commission.

If people accept it, then I will continue on the salary. If people reject it in the governance I will be up for elevating the commission option as a second try.

Here is a text version for the snapshot (if character limit will allow it):

Fundraising Hub Sub-DAO Proposal

Author: Wikist

View all relevant info about my previous role as Fundraising Operators here.

Summary

This proposal outlines the vision for Fundraising Hub in Developer DAO. We outlined the scope of work, our business model, our budget requests, KPIs, domain of operations and how we are aligned with DAO’s OKRs.

I don’t have two remaining people for the creation of multisig. I gladly ask for two volunteers who would join the safe as a second and third person. These people should probably be a Stewards, as this way the DAO will have a way to monitor my financial operations by a people who are not part of the Sub-DAO. In next seasons I might change this, but at least for season 2 I require two more people for me to be in line with DAO-wide rules.

Motivation

As it stands there are a lot of founders in Developer DAO’s community which are struggling with getting funded for their projects. On DAO-wide Coordination Calls we have collectively determined that the majority of DAO members are builders and that most of them are searching for job, but as a matter of fact being a builder is not only about that, but maybe even more so about building something that matters to you and trying to sustain yourself by being a founder.

Even in a bear market there is a lot of funding waiting for people to be used. Protocols are eager to support serious projects. Venture Capital and Angel Investors are searching for good opportunities now to profit during the next bull run. The protocols’ problem is the need to increase the popularity of their ecosystems and the private capital wants projects that have product-market-fit so they can see a return on their investment. On the other hand founders have problems with getting funded and in determining good funding opportunities. These two problems meet each other in Developer DAO, where they can be solved by connecting protocols with founders.

By establishing Fundraising Hub Sub-DAO in Developer DAO I will continue my job, build more momentum, attract more founders into the community and help people build with more peace of mind without worrying so much about how to get funded.

Scope of Work

Fundraising-specific tasks

Fundraising Hub Sub-DAO will continue to work very similarly as to how it was working before in season 1. This time though I want to split tasks into two categories. First one is focusing directly on fundraising and the second on taking care of the community.

The fundraising-specific OKRs are as follows:

LEARN
KR Stewarding the Fundraising section on the D_D wiki (link), managing the D_D Fundraising Guide and adding content when necessary (link) Wikist
BUILD
O3 Support DAO members to elevate their impact on the world Owner
KR Performing outreach to grantmaking organizations, Venture Capital and Angel Investors for the sake of fostering relations for easier access to funding for D_D founders Wikist
KR Taking care of the database with grant programs, funders and project data to give D_D founders access to valuable information about different funding opportunities in the space not easily available outside of our community Wikist
GOVERN
O4 Position the DAO structurally and financially for long-term success Owner
KR Create an income stream for the DAO through fundraising management for founders (details below) Wikist

Community-specific tasks

These tasks will be part of my salaried position, but are different in nature from fundraising-specific tasks and can help everyone to better orient themselves what Fundraising Hub is actually doing. That’s why I distinguish them as a separate bag of tasks.

Outside of the tasks that focus primarily on the fundraising aspect, there are also more community focused tasks, which I think are essential to reinvigorate the community of founders in Developer DAO for the sustainable long-term growth of the D_D and Sub-DAO’s capabilities and opportunities. Without openly talking with founders and organizing public events to gather their attention I foresee that the interest will steadily go down and hence prevent the Sub-DAO from effectively delivering on its purpose and make D_D lose a part of its community.

Outside of that I think that Office Hours also lean more towards the community-specific OKRs rather than fundraising-specific. The main difference is that sometimes there are a lot of people and sometimes there is no one at those meetings. I reduced the number of Office Hours from twice a week to once a week.

Below are the community-specific OKRs:

LEARN
KR Minimum of one live streaming or study group facilitation per week CMs
FH Minimum of one live streaming or study group facilitation per month (link) Wikist
KR Have regular Office Hours on Wednesdays at 2pm UTC where people can connect with me about anything fundraising related Wikist
VIBE
O1 Foster a fun and safe Member experience Owner
KR Minimum of one social event per week CMs
FH Minimum of one social event for founders per month Wikist

Business model

Starting from season 2 every Sub-DAO should seek its own business model and aim to become self-sustainable. To achieve this task I introduce very simple business model:

In order to get active support from me in the fundraising activities the founder needs to agree on a percentage cut from the funding that I help him raise. The percentage fee depends on the table below.

For every individual funding that founder gets thanks to our support, we will take a % cut.

These fees follow the structure below:

Minimum raised Maximum raised The % fee
$0 $10,000 24%
$10,001 $50,000 19%
$50,001 $100,000 14%
$100,001 $500,000 9%
$500,001 $1,000,000 6%
$1,000,001 ∞ 4%

I reserve a right to allow for individual negotiations between me and founders when appropriate. On such occasions the percentages might change.

Due to the recent negotiations about season 2 and asks from the community to focus on specific areas I will fundraise for Developer DAO directly only on favorable occasions. This means that if during my talks with any funding organization I will notice an opportunity to start talking about possible fundraising for D_D itself, I will pursue it, but I will not take it as priority. I will focus primarily on helping D_D founders polishing their project ideas, business models and fundraise in their name.

Funding requests

To make this shift from public goods model to a business model I require a transition period, which in my mind would be the season 2 and 3 of Developer DAO. I want to continue with salary throughout the coming season, as otherwise the job that I do will not be sufficient to sustain me in the work. In season 3 or 4 I hope that the work done by me before will already be paying for my salary.

1. Salary

I ask for a monthly salary of $2500 USDC.

In return every income brought with this business model will be fully (100%) transferred to the DAO itself. This amount will also allow me to focus on this job more as a half-time/full-time position instead of a side-time position.

For this route I create specific KPIs for the season.

I report back on the KPIs by the end of the season by creating a summary and posting it in the original season proposal for the Sub-DAO. This summary will be then discussed by the Steward Council afterwards on the DAO-wide call where the Council will decide if my summary is factual. On the Steward’s ask I will have to provide a proof of every KPI deliverable. During my operations mid-season every Steward has a right to ask for the current progress on those KPIs.

If I go over 100% with the KPIs at the end of the season, then 25% of that additional income is being transformed into a bonus on top of my salary. This is only true if through my work I had already paid my salary back to the DAO in the current season and only for the KPIs that bring back financial value back to the DAO. Non-financial KPIs can go over 100% in delivery, but nothing above 100% will be counted for this purpose.

Time period 06.03.2023 - 26.04.2023 (the end of season 2 with the new roadmap proposal):

Wikist: $2500 USDC monthly for the two months

Funding requested for the rest of the season 2: $5000

I also want to request some $CODE budget for operations to test new ideas.

1. First one revolves around introducing myself to different organizations. I would like to reward D_D members with small amounts of $CODE for making an introduction for me in organizations that offer funding to founders.

I request 1000 $CODE to be spent on Crew3 bounty-like quests incentivizing making connections between grantmaking organizations and me. This budget assumes that max 10 connections can be achieved this way before the end of season 2.

The idea is that people that already have connections in different organizations can get rewarded for introducing FO into these organizations.

Specifications:

For one connection a person can gain 100 $CODE. This connection needs to be new which means that it is not part of the D_D’s Friendly Funders Report and has grant or funding programs. The task will be considered delivered when the intro meeting with us will be done and the organization has in fact active grant or funding programs. This condition means that an applying person needs to make sure first if the organization has those programs running before contacting Fundraising Hub Operators.

After bringing this idea forward on the Discord few members supported its implementation and hence it was presented at the DAO Coordination Call on which everyone agreed with its implementation.

1. Second idea revolves around rewarding founders for participating in social events that target the founders community in D_D. If they prepare a case-study or will be able to present an interesting presentation for other founders in the community I want to give them a reward.

Specifications:

I request 1200 $CODE to be spent on Crew3 bounty-like quests incentivizing being active on social events for founders. This budget assumes that max 3 presentations/events/case-studies will be done by the end of season 2. For being a founder that prepares either one of these and will present it to the rest of the community I want to give them 200 $CODE. I foresee that on one meeting there might be max two different presentations done and that by the end of season 2 there can be at least 3 social events done.

In both cases (ideas number 1. and 2.) if there will be some $CODE left over, then I will either return it back to the treasury or leave it for the next season.

KPIs

These are to be taken into consideration if I were to be working on a salary.

By the end of season 2 (updated with regards to the current short and chaotic 2 months period):

1. Number of project teams I help (review grant application, schedule a call etc.): 10
  2. Number of grant applications submitted: 15
  3. Number of grant applications awarded: 4
  4. Summarized amount of funding awarded to projects: $15k USD equivalent
  5. Number of recorded live educational workshops for the community: 2
  6. Host regular Office Hours on Wednesdays at 2pm UTC where people can connect with me about anything fundraising related: presence from Wikist on at least 7 out of 8 in the rest of season 2

Domain of Operations

My domain of operations is Fundraising.

Throughout season 1 me and Chuck were tasked as Fundraising Operators to establish fundraising infrastructure for the DAO. This task had been done and we proceeded with active support to founders in Developer DAO’s community starting from the mid November. Since then we have helped several people with their fundraising efforts by creating fundraising workshops (link), guides (link), reviewing grant applications, researching available grants in web3 space, introducing ourselves to different protocols and foundations and pointing people to appropriate opportunities (link ). We held regular Office Hours every Monday and Friday which allowed us to get to know the founders and their needs.

Chuck will not be continuing on this position, but if community finds that the value that I bring is worthwhile and will vote positively on this proposal, then I will work on it.

I think that I am the correct person to handle the fundraising aspects in Developer DAO.

If you want to know more about me, read our proposal for season 1: link.

If you want to see our update of derivables from season 1, go here: link.

Vote

Do you want my to be salaried for the season 2 of Fundraising Hub in Developer DAO?

• Yes
  • No
  • Abstain
2 Likes

@Wikist I fully support your updated proposal and want to get this to snapshot asap.

Would you mind editing the original post with the final proposal, please?

Once that 's done I’ll open a snapshot vote

2 Likes

Okay this this done.