Stewards election - S2

As defined in the P22 - DAO Governance Structure Upgrade, new Stewards should be elected for Season 2. Therefore, this proposal, made by the sitting Stewards, outlines the responsibilities and rewards for Stewards as defined in the Operating System and invites any member of the DAO to nominate themselves as Stewards.
Nominations of others are encouraged, but only self-nominations will be considered official. This role requires a willingness to participate and push the DAO forward.

Description of the role as it’s currently described in the Operating System: Stewards

Nominations will be made as comments to this DDIP Proposal with the following format:

• Discord Username + Forum Username
  • ETH address (where $CODE tokens are held)
  • Statement of Intention / Your Values & Reasons for Joining
  • Qualifications.
  • Governance Record (link/screenshot of forum stats)
  • Snapshot voting record (link/screenshot of snapshot profile - Snapshot)

The period for nominations starts today, and ends next Wednesday 22, 23:00 hrs UTC.

After the period of nominations, the election will be moved to a Snapshot vote with a Weighted Voting strategy that allows members to allocate a % of their total vote across all nominated Stewards.

• A maximum of 10 Stewards will be elected from this vote.
  • To be elected, Stewards must receive at least 1 vote.
  • If there is a tie between 2 or more Stewards for the 10th place, a repeat vote must be held with only those tied for the 10th place.
  • Members won’t be able to vote for themselves.

The Foundation directors must nominate at least one Steward each Season to provide the required context to the DAO on the legal implications of DDIPs on the Foundation.

8 Likes

ntindle.eth

Discord Username + Forum Username:
ntindle#1998 + @ntindle

ETH address (where $CODE tokens are held):

0xc535CfdF454110F2D77064443C4310a2C4964b5A

Statement of Intention / Your Values & Reasons for Joining:

I intend to continue my time as a steward of D_D and intend to push for a SUSTAINABLE DAO.

I originally joined Developer DAO many months ago when the only way in was buying an NFT knowing you wouldn’t receive a code allocation. I joined because I loved the community’s energy on twitter and wanted to help contribute to the growth of the organization.

In the time since then, I’ve learned a lot about the DAO, myself, and organized structures as a whole. I’ve come to realize that a DAO isn’t just $CODE and rules, it’s people. Each one of us has a different reason for being here. I want to make sure there is a future for each of us to come back to.

Some of the things I value are:

• Sustainability
  • Equity
  • Growth
  • Community

I encourage each of you who vote to look at my points I’ve made on the forum posts, and how those correlate to the above.

Qualifications:

• I’ve had significant experience leading and organizing groups of individuals in positions that range from volunteer roles to the head of engineering of a company.

• I have significant context on the workings of the DAO and want them to improve

• I am not perfect, and will not expect perfection of others. All of us want to improve the DAO. That’s why we are here, but we are also human.

Governance Record (link/screenshot of forum stats):

Forum Activity

Snapshot voting record (link/screenshot of snapshot profile:

Snapshot

8 Likes

meowy-kun.eth

meowy#0476 + @meowy

0xe363fa6461c1A30d18C0CFF22F7dB95e5A54a900

I intend to continue my time as a steward to get more understanding how we are nurturing and giving value to our members.
I joined the DAO around October 2021, I have been part of multiple initiatives and started to be more involved. My web3 journey started with the DAO and I intent to continue moving forward.
I have been focusing on nurturuing ddw team environment and how we can create non contributor experience better and what could be the best way to assist someone who’s just starting out.

Some things that I will continue to focus on are:

• new member and non contributor experience
  • community and social space
  • diversity and inclusiveness

Qualifications:

• I had lead multiple teams and initiatives and guided people throughout those initiatives.
  • I have been project champion for more than one initiatives and being at different places around the DAO, I have grasped where we might need more focused improvement
  • Even being here from the very early days, I still have my limitations and things that are out of my scope but I’m willing to learn and grow alongside with the DAO.

Forum Activity

Snapshot voting record (link/screenshot of snapshot profile):

Snapshot

7 Likes

knobl.eth

Erik_Knobl#0082 + @Erik_Knobl

0x06Ce7AA062c3CfEF67152Ef45147213EE33D42A6

I’m part of the Founding Team of Developer DAO, and since the start of my activity here, I have been trying to make it an inclusive space, where everyone can participate, and shape the DAO.
My current goal is to ensure the DAO invests in its community, while having financial health. I have participated actively in all the latests proposals for the DAO, and would like to continue creating small building blocks that help others iterate upon them. These are a few of the latests proposals I have been working on:
P-22: DAO Governance Structure Upgrade
P-21: Simplifying the Developer DAO Improvement Proposal (DDIP) Process
I’m also updating the Operating System of Developer DAO, the source of truth of all rules and laws of the DAO.

Forum Activity

Snapshot voting record (link/screenshot of snapshot profile):
Snapshot Activity

5 Likes

@kempsterrrr We need to add the nomination from the Foundation. This closes tomorrow.

are there really only 3 candidates so far?

Foundation nominated Steward

Discord username: kempsterrrr | D_D | GMT#8590
Forum Username: @kempsterrrr

0xd35D68Fe3F7Ae603d984B3b17C9dFe156B973Fd5 / kempsterrrr.eth

My intentions as a Member, Contributor, Steward and Foundation Director are to maximise the DAOs ability to increase its impact on the world and the support it can provide all Members to increase theirs.

Over the last 12 months, I’ve dedicated most of my life to Developer DAO, ignoring opportunities available to me elsewhere to do my best to help the DAO achieve its mission. My main aims for the future are to decentralise Governance and, therefore, leadership further and actively encourage all members to participate in Governance and support them to create more value for themselves and the DAO as a whole by working towards a fairer and simpler structure for everyone.

Recent proposals I’ve played a key role in authoring that work towards these are:

Qualifications.

Governance Record (link/screenshot of forum stats)

Forum Governance Summary

• Snapshot voting record (link/screenshot of snapshot profile - Snapshot )

I moved my $CODE tokens between wallets, so have two wallets for snapshot

3 Likes
    Colin4ward

0x57Dfa643313140B667dF0811d7c70f67aA766038

I minted a D4R because I was inspired by Developer DAO’s self-evident ethos around building useful things and personal/professional development. Web3 has always been plagued by opportunism, but D_D has maintained it’s focus on doing meaningful things for the ecosystem and it’s members since day 1.

My interest is in seeing Developer DAO continue to grow it’s impact by making the activities which provide values to members more sustainable. We’ve seen a lot of churn in the last year and learned a lot of lessons about our strengths and weaknesses as an organization. I would like to see us focus our efforts going forwards with those lessons learned front of mind.

• Qualifications

• Active member since D4R mint
    • Top Partnership Lead for the DAO
      • web3con
      • S1 + S2
      • Newsletter sponsorships
      • Top-5 in early contributor Coordinape vote
    • Newsletter editor for all 57 issues
    • One of two writers for the DAO Operators proposal/budget
    Profile - Colin4ward - Developer DAO

• Snapshot voting record
    Snapshot

3 Likes
    Rubinovitz#6472 + rubinovitz

I have the NFT I bought at rubinovitz.eth. I was not eligible for the airdrop and did not find any of the other ways to earn $CODE compelling (e.g. attending calls that were early in the morning on my timezone, how to onboard onto projects was very unclear).

I’m a weird candidate in that I’ve so far been a lurker of Developer DAO. But if you want more lurkers in my demographic to get involved, I could be worth voting for for steward.

My values:

1. Developers deserve ownership and governance power (if they want it) of their creations.
  2. Developers should be empowered by AI to build bigger better things, not replaced.
  3. Developers should be an empowered collective and help each other with information, capital, and collaboration.
  4. Work should be permissionless, interpretable and (more) merit based.

My intentions:

1. I am working full-time on coordination and funding tools for developers and would love to lend that expertise to the DAO to help more DD projects become financially sustainable and integrated into the larger crypto ecosystem. If the DAO wants to use stuff I’m building, great. If not, also great. I’m super down to help a D_D Agency, D_D Fundraising, and D_D Labs. I have experience both in high end consulting and fundraising for my own company. I can also talk about DEI in tech, but generally think having diverse empowered leadership is the best way for good DEI.
  2. I want us to have more fun and I’d personally like to throw events at conferences. I’m a seasoned hackathon organizer.
  3. I recognize that I’m new to governance here. I want to listen to those who have been more active in the org before declaring any more intentions. I aim to be collaborative and solve real problems.
  • Qualifications.
    TLDR; I’ve worked really hard over the last decade to have a fulfilling, impactful career as a developer while building developer communities. I’m also qualified to think about the challenges and opportunities ahead for developers (AI, crypto, coding cooperatives, indie hacking, and community owned token networks).
  1. I’ve been a developer for 10 years, spanning full-stack, AI, and crypto. I co-created Bail Bloc (bailbloc.com) which was probably the first money swarm for good in crypto.
  2. I co-founded and grew a community called hackathon hackers with 67k+, along with being an early mentor at hackny.org and running the program before.
  3. I’m a developer turned CEO. I understand how to create, lead and choose funding models for software projects and make them sustainable. I’d love to help more developers cross this chasm. We need more Web3 projects with product market fit, both for the Web3 ecosystem, and for us Web3 devs to work on.
  4. I’ve been an independent and affiliated AI and ML researcher. Independent research I did was cited in the ChatGPT blog post.

I don’t have one.

• Snapshot voting record
    Also don’t have one. I typically don’t vote because I don’t have enough ownership in anything to sway a vote.
4 Likes

Discord Username + Forum Username
SocialButterfly#8556 (Manny)

ETH address (where $CODE tokens are held)
0xeFFB282259291e05060927ec1205E49751a5a97A

Statement of Intention / Your Values & Reasons for Joining

My intention is to create a sustainable and thriving DAO that balances financial success with community engagement. I believe that financial success and community building are not mutually exclusive, and that by prioritizing events and initiatives that add value to our members’ personal growth, we can create a more meaningful and impactful organization.

Qualifications

DD Jobs Lead
Partnerships
Community Member
ETH Denver hackathon scholarship

Snapshot voting record

https://snapshot.org/#/profile/0xeFFB282259291e05060927ec1205E49751a5a97A

3 Likes

Discord Username + Forum Username
dropknowledge#0001 @drop_knowledge

ETH address (where $CODE tokens are held)
0xe0450b049F70841aEC78Ac6e3db7b0a753e22357

Statement of Intention / Your Values & Reasons for Joining

When I joined D_D in November of 2021, I was given opportunities to contribute and help lay a foundation for the DAO. These opportunities inevitably led me to quit my job and give D_D my full attention just a few months later.

It was Developer DAO that brought me to my first web3 conference (EthDenver), let me champion the origins of a Product Guild, allowed me to represent the DAO in partnerships with other organizations, and develop relations with new partners in Europe (EthAmsterdam).

I attribute this period of my time in Developer DAO with laying a foundational understanding of what it means to set decentralization as your North Star. I believe the ethos of web3 asks us to build for a more open, transparent web, where individuals have greater control and ownership over their digital lives. I believe that blockchain technology will distribute power and financial opportunities to populations often overlooked. To me, D_D is the purest example of how web3 can lift up a community through education, funding, and support. Its the reason I have already funded memberships for 15 new members with my early contributor $CODE.

After a hiatus these past 8 months founding a company, I intend to return to my roots and help Developer DAO reach its full potential in Season 2. There are still many hypothesis to test that will ensure Developer DAO becomes a sustainable and operationally excellent community.
I would like to turn my intention back and serve the community that supported me over the past year.

Qualifications
Founder DAOCentral.com
Founder 3RM.co
Sitting D_D representative for DAOStar One
Product Guild Champion
Judge Web3Con

Forum Activity

Snapshot Voting Record
Snapshot Record

2 Likes

I’m very supportive of the perspective you bring here in that you haven’t been heavily involved in pushing or pulling at previous initiatives and proposals. It’s still my dream that the DAO has fresh eyes looking and scrutinising proposals. There is enough expertise from proposal authors to explain what is not clear in any proposal. Any DAO member in essence should be able to decide how the DAO moves forward - it’s exactly how we can decentralise governance - rotating these roles regularly goes back to the days of Greek democracy (albeit with its shameful patriarchy and xenophobia), and I’m sure successfully with many cultures before (probably written out of history). Good for you for applying.

Exactly why weighted voting sucks and has got to go in my opinion. We’re replicating a system that we’re all supposedly trying to get away from = power rising to the top. Crypto is supposed to be grassroots.

One person = one vote = equal rights => next steps => build equity fairly on top of that substrate.

I’d thought about applying for this, but we don’t need another guy, I believe. We’ve still a way to go with diversity, but I have faith in all of you here to carry that message forward.
Wishing all of you listening, softening, wisdom, fairness, breadth of vision and honesty.
One love
:seedling:

1 Like
  • A maximum of 10 Stewards will be elected from this vote.
  • To be elected, Stewards must receive at least 1 vote.

So is this vote effectively over?

4 Likes

As defined for Season 2, yep. Congrats in advance candidates :slight_smile:

You may begin debating how the next iteration will work :upside_down_face:

bumping this as we should talk about having new stewards for the D_D as we need new folks to have a shape the DAO.

1 Like

Agree - cc @stewards

What is your perspective on whether we should invest time now in reviewing and adjusting this role or elect new active stewards and have them drive those conversations?