[DRAFT] - Simplify the Developer DAO Improvement Proposal (DDIP) Process

I was thinking this was already ratified through the foundation acceptance, so no need to list it other places. The process will be followed regardless.

Completely agree mate. The next thing I’m working through is a new operating model that replaces the current budget process with something that sets a much higher bar but empowers people further and removes commercial concerns from the day-to-day DAO coordination and Governance challenges so folks can more freely create value, some of which will flow back to the DAO to be re-allocated by Governance.

this is in the works here. still early though.

Opt-in notifications is a good solution atm, as long as we don’t request any minimum amount of votes, just a positive/negative result.
We may also find more engagement/discussion of proposals in Discord. I’m open to try it.

@Erik_Knobl @willblackburn @wolovim @luan @isiah @Bobbay

Aiming to elevate this to a forum vote tomorrow. If anyone has any final thoughts would appreciate them before the last edit :pray:

Expect this is going to need a concerted effort to pass 100 votes on the forum (a large reason I think this proposal is an important step for us to move faster with Govenance).

1 Like

I don’t believe giving power to comments will provide the improvement you are hoping for unless those comments are from a selected amount of people I.e. budget stewards, core d_d people, D_D council.

Who are the governance allow listed members?

I like that we are removing the forum vote though. It’s a big step forward and this image is a good depiction(ty @kempsterrrr ) of what we should aim for, but ill have more context once I know how these gov members are

@isiah was going to hold a Proposal Q&A. Can we do that before the forum vote? When could that be held? Sooner is better.

Thanks for the quick reply!! Re Governance allow list

This is not really about giving power to comments. What is being suggested in once > 50% of folks already recognised by the DAO via $CODE allocation have shared their views, greenlight light for another to move to snapshot - regardless of if comments are good/bad.

Tomorrow? We have the TH I think cc @luan

vote really needs to go up tomorrow looking at timelines otherwise we’re going to be hard blocked to move anything in Jan as we wont be able to pass this during the holidays IMHO.

also @willblackburn @isiah any reason why this Q&A can’t happen during the vote?

(who is 0x4e8AD3c90f026E4d034b81BA0e1A929E77D80b36 in the allow-list?)

What happens if those members just ignore the DDIP? If I have a proposal, ping those members, and they just don’t post? What happens if the majority of members become inactive?

this is my old address. needs to be rotated out.

Good question. I mentioned in one of the comments above as this list grows we’d probably wont to make it a number rather than a % (or reduce the %) as expecting that many people to stay on top of Governance is a big ask.

1 Like

This proposal has now been moved for a forum vote - P-21: Simplifying the Developer DAO Improvement Proposal (DDIP) Process