D_D Blog Rewards

I would personally support this also :slight_smile:

I’m in favor just want a distribution plan because this seems nightmarish to manage the back payments

@kempsterrrr

1. Are the rewards issued only for blogs written in that month ? i.e. if a blog continues to have the highest traffic, does it continue to get the most rewards?

Only that month, so every post is only eligible once.

1. What are your thoughts on practically how we organise these rewards? Do you see this as part of your role as editor ensuring these rewards are issued to the right folks each month?

I could manage it, yes.

@ntindle

I’m in favor just want a distribution plan because this seems nightmarish to manage the back payments

Yes, it’s a bit of a pain.

If we say the threshold is 1,000 words per post, we have 47 authors that could get retroactively rewarded for all in all 15,900 $CODE.

My idea:

1. Set the deadline for retroactive rewards to month after this proposal passes.
  2. Announce on Discord/Twitter, blog authors should come to the #blog channel to tell us their Hashnode username and wallet address
  3. At the end of the deadline, I send Kemp a list of wallets and $CODE amounts to do the rewards.

An awesome proposal indeed. It will really motivate me and others to contribute more to D_D blogs.

We can cap the number of Blogs per week by a single member.

The above suggestion is because till now we don’t have incentivization so there are limited submissions, but I think as soon as we incentivize this the submission rate will increase which will make this more expensive.

I understand that there might be a requirement for discussion about this. And I am open for the same.

I don’t think 150 $CODE will incentivize that many people.

But yes, we can cap it per week or month.

Note: I updated the draft.

That would be the idea, I guess. If we have people writing good stuff, instead of placing limits, I would ask for more CODE.

I support his initiative, btw.

1 Like

What is good stuff, though? If I write 100 great blogs but flood the queue, that could be a problem if I expect them all to be published in one week. Having some reasonable limits or delegating the decision on what is reasonable seems like a good idea

Yeah, that’s true.

I just hope if this increases the number of submissions we don’t get spammed.

Okay, I edited the criteria.

I clarified that publication and not submission is required to be eligible. Also, each author is only eligible once a week. This will limit the proposal to 10 rewards each week and 4 rewards per author each month.

I also added criteria for the retroactive rewards. They will only given out for 60 days after the proposal passed and the authors have to submit articles, they think are eligible, manually to me.

Just shared my thoughts on [DRAFT] Recurring Writing Contest…

I support this proposal and would like to see both retrospective and ongoing $CODE rewards applied to Members of the content they’re creating.

1 Like

Okay, I edited a bit.

What are my next steps to move this along?

Getting a few stewards to approve then it gets sent to snapshot.

On that note, I approve

I also approve - @drop_knowledge @rubinovitz @mannyornothing @Colin4ward @meowy. Please could 2 of you hare your thoughts here so we can move this proposal along :slight_smile:

This looks fine to me.

I kept hitting the minimum character count when trying to respond.

2 Likes

Thank you for mentioning @kempsterrrr .

I approve also. This looks good to me.

It’s great that article writers are getting rewarded. Which was much needed.

2 Likes

Yeah personally I love the idea of incentivizing people to participate more, and think this is a great opportunity to get people involved. Full support

2 Likes

I think this criteria makes sense

2 Likes

Great proposal, but I have one suggestion. I think we should remove the point that says “MUST NOT be cross-posted on other platforms”. Everyone who contributes to the D_D blog has their own blog to help other developers and build their personal brand. This rule may discourage them and cause friction.

I am voting in favor, but I suggest removing the point that “MUST NOT be cross-posted on other platforms” rule.

1 Like

I voted as Abstrain for now, nowadays I believe we should make it more like a ranking valued on some resources provided on the blog post, maybe? views? youtube video? etc, like ranking the blog posts and divide the total ammount by post “value”

1 Like

Great proposal!

What’s the total $CODE that could be claimed via retroactive rewards?